iTunes does not recognise iPod

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by bobby681, Jun 25, 2010.

1. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iTunes has stopped recognising my iPod touch and I'm not too sure why. It shows up in windows and I get the whole autoplay box popping up but its a no show with iTunes.

I've tried all the ways I could find to get it working, here's what I've done:
    • Restored (numerous times)
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes using the regular uninstaller
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes using Total Uninstaller (getting rid of absolutely everything iTunes related)
    • Stopped and restarted iPodService
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the iPodService
    • Disabled and re-enabled the iPod driver
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the iPod driver
    • Tried different USB ports
    • Restarted my computer
    • Tried on both 4.0 and 3.1.2

The thing is, it works fine on OS X, I'm dual booting the two. But I'd prefer to sync with Windows because I only really go on os x when I'm messing with video files.

Anyone got any theories on how to get this sorted, I'd welcome anything at this stage

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. dannyc08

dannyc08 New Member

fingers crossed

what i did is i went into add and remove and deleted everything to do with itunes etc..apple app support apple mobile device, bonjour,apple software update, then i deleted itunes 9.2 and installed a earlier version like 7.6 or somet then it says something like your ipod is set up for a later itunes (i dont no why i tried this but it worked!!) so i reinstalled 9.2 (but unplug your ipod from the usb and put it into dfu mode) install itunes again and wait untill it all finishes and when the first page of i tunes comes on plug in your ipod and it will pop up sayin your ipod is in recovery mode and just take it out of recovery mode i tried this in normal mode but never worked hope this helps let me know. soz for big story lol. tigze
  3. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You are a gentleman and a scholar. I followed up to the different version of iTunes (I was too lazy to download a different version

)

But removing everything iTunes related, restarting and reinstalling iTunes 9.2 worked like a charm.
  4. dannyc08

dannyc08 New Member

glad i could help mate thats what i am here for..tigze