iTunes decided to "restore" it's self but

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by iPlunder, Aug 24, 2009.

1. iPlunder

iPlunder New Member

I fired up itunes one day, to find out that everything in my iTunes was gone. All my music, playlists, everything. I was kind of upset by this, but not too much, until I went to sync my iPhone. It told me my iPhone was synced with another library. The previous one, on the same computer. No one in my household knows how this happened. Is there any way to use my iPhone with my itunes now without restoring? I have so much stuff on my phone that it is almost out of the question.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    It doesnt restore the iPhone, it deletes all the music/videos from the previous library and replaces it with the current library.
  3. iPlunder

iPlunder New Member

Will I also lose my apps and messages and call history, or JUST my music and videos?
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Just music and videos, but you can just sync those again.

Errrrrthang else is fine.
  5. iPlunder

iPlunder New Member

So can i SSH into my iPhone and save all my music then just put it back on after it erases my library? And i won't lost apps?
  6. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    The music is stored in, /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control, but the song names arent right, but once you put it in iTunes it will be fine.

If you sync, you wont lose your apps, but i think if you update you will have to download your apps again.