itunes Crashes When Syncing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zandpiper, Dec 4, 2009.

1. zandpiper

zandpiper New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    iTunes ALWAYS crashes when I try to sync. It will say it's syncing but it never does and when I cancel syncing it will crash. I'm not syncing a lot. I'm going one app at a time. I managed to get 3 apps synced without a problem. After syncing those three apps, there was a message saying it was safe to unplug my Touch. I tried to sync another app afterwards (without unplugging first) and that's when the problems started.

Things I've tried:
    - Resetting Touch
    - Restarting computer

iTunes will not only crash, but it'll also make anything on my computer unusable. I have to do a hard shutdown then reboot because my computer becomes unresponsive. I think there is a process hanging. I've tried killing itunes through Task Manager but that doesn't help.

I'm using Vista.
  2. Frostbite714

Frostbite714 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S

if your not on the latest version of itunes go and download that. also you could sync another ipod with ur pc see if its ur ipod thats the problem. my last resort/thought is maybe it would work if you restore your ipod, either by holding the buttons or clicking the option in iTunes...you could then set it up as a new ipod when you connect it and hopefully then you could sync it. Im not sure if that will work though, so i wouldnt attempt it unless ur desperate. good luck.
  3. AiPoduser

AiPoduser New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ^^^ THIS Every word

(DAMN Nija'ed) srry for spelling wrong
  4. zandpiper

zandpiper New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've already tried the restore Touch trick then re-add it as a new Touch. It didn't work. I've found something that partially works. If I rearrange the app icons THEN add apps from the list and hit "Apply", it will sometimes sync with no problems. If I just try to add apps or click on the button when it says "Sync", iTunes and Vista will crash. ??? That work around doesn't always work though.

Is there a way to add apps other than through iTunes or WiFi?
  5. zandpiper

zandpiper New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    SOLVED! It was ZoneAlarm. I uninstalled ZA and now iTunes and my Touch play nicely together. I'm using Comodo now, it's also free, and I haven't had any sync problems. I hope this helps someone else.

My system:
    Vista Home 64bit
    HP Pavillion dv7