Itunes crashes when Sync, Please Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Earth-Fan, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Earth-Fan

Earth-Fan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, im new to the forum, so heya :]

My Itunes crashes everytime i sync my ipod touch, my ipod touch has update 2.2.1 and its 2nd gen, its about a month old, its a replacement ipod

it hasnt been dropped or nothing, so im really nervous about what could be wrong....
    i have itunes 9, it worked fine with no problems but then all of a sudden it started closing =(

I read that i should downgrade my ipod, so i did, and it worked! but then then a few syncs later like 3 maybe? it started again,

ive restored my ipod as a new ipod,
    ive pressed and held, lock and home button still nothing,

im really scared, cause i normally do get scared when things go wrong

Please help, Please!
    I dont have any money to get a new one, and my parent is going through a hard time =\ and i dont want to tell her that there is a problem with it ...Please and thank you
  2. ijailbreak3dot0

ijailbreak3dot0 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Did you attempt performing a DFU restore? DFU basically wipes everything and does a fresh, clean restore.

If it is still under warranty, you could take it to apple and have them send you a brand new one (or fix the old one if possible).
  3. GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    have you tried reinstalling itunes and/or the ipod drivers on your computer?
  4. Earth-Fan

Earth-Fan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Dfu? Whats that, ive only restored via itunes and that did nothing,
    i dont know it replacement ipod's come with warranties, cause i replaced my old one and they gave me this one =\

Ive uninstalled itunes and installed, still nothing, ipod drivers? what are they?
    Please help guys, D:
  5. GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    after you get it replaced, they give a 3 month waranty. the lenght of your warranty is the longer one. so if you get it replaced on the last day of your warranty, it gets extended by 3 months, but if you get it replaced with 5 months left in the warranty, then 5 months is the lenght

dfu
    1. connect ipod to computer
    2. hold both power and home buttons for 10 seconds
    3.let go of power button but continue to hold home buttom until itunes says ipod found in recovery mode (the screen should be black/blank)
    4. click restore
  6. Earth-Fan

Earth-Fan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay i did the whole dfu thingo, will it wreck my ipod, im so nervous LOL im sorry, its just that its nearly christmas and i dont want to tell my mum again that my ipod has a problem, she freaked out enough the first time D:
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    great, it restored but itunes still crashes =_=;; This is really annoying, is this it? Is it never going to sync again?
  7. GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    can you try to sync it with another computer and see if it works?

are you restoring to 2.2.1 or 3.1.2?

try to restore your ipod on another computer then see if it works
  8. Earth-Fan

Earth-Fan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im running it on 2.2.1 on windows

if i do try to restoring it on another computer and that works, do i have to sync it on that computer on back on my laptop which it crashes on now

oh and also, im using Copy trans managar to sync my ipod *After my ipod crashed on itunes* it just failed so many times and i looked around and found this and i synced and it worked fine! ive been syncing on it for about 2 weeks and it works fine

but what if i want to update my ipod to the new ... update the 3 one LOL

and i can put videos on it so yeah i want itunes back D:
  9. GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    no just resotre with another computer, disconnect after its done, and sync with your pc. also try to update to 3.1.2 if you can. after you restore, are you selecting a backup or setting ip as a new ipod? if you are choosing a backup, you should probanbly set up as a new ipod

also, where did u read saying that u should downgrade??
  10. Earth-Fan

Earth-Fan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it was either on this forum or the apple forum, that i should downgrade my itunes, that worked but only for a while... which sucks!

Um, im setting it up as a new ipod all the time, i want to upgrade to 3.1.2 but what if i buy it but itunes crashes, if that does happen, do i loose my money?
    I really dont get what wrong, its probably only one month old, hasnt been dropped, no scratches, cause it is a replacement ipod which proves that it is new =\