iTunes crashes when I plug in my touch

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by sakurarocket, Sep 3, 2009.

1. sakurarocket

sakurarocket New Member

I have recently upgraded to 3.0 and then soon after jailbroke my iPod Touch, so I don't know if that has anything to do with any of this...

Anyway, I haven't been using iTunes much lately, but I still need to use it to put songs on my iPod... that being said I'm pretty sure I haven't used it since I upgraded and jailbroke.

Today when I went to put songs on my iPod Touch iTunes froze up the second I plugged in my touch. It works fine right until then. I tried to go to an older version of iTunes, but of course those won't support the 3.0 upgrade, so then I reinstalled 8.2, and still the same thing. Through all of this my iPod touch is fine, it's just stupid iTunes that keeps freezing up!

Anyway, I'm going crazy! Is there some workaround for this? If not, are there alternate programs out there that actually support the touch? Thanks in advance, any suggestions are appreciated.

BTW, I'm running WinXP, if that matters.
  2. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem too. I turned Genius off. It works 95% of the time; there are occasional crashes but the frequency has gone down drastically. Also, once you connect your iPod do give it a minute or so to settle down before you try killing the iTunes process.
  3. sakurarocket

sakurarocket New Member

Genius was already off. Tried giving it a minute or so, but iTunes was still unresponsive.