Itunes "could not be read from or written to"

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jojohnst, Oct 20, 2007.

1. jojohnst

jojohnst New Member

After successfully jailbreaking my ipod touch, I started to see some issues with itunes -- freezing up and then not syncing all the way through (ppc osx 10.4.10; itouch 1.1.1; itunes 7.4.2). I ended up restoring my ipod and reinstalling itunes but it still says (in the middle of downloading my podcasts or music) that there is an error and the pod couldn't be read from or written to. ??? I'm at a loss. I want to re-jailbreak my touch to get back all the great apps but first i want to get everything with itunes running smoothly. anyone having this problem? solutions?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ricecook

ricecook New Member

make sure in task manger all that apple/ipod/ect are running check that..
  3. jojohnst

jojohnst New Member

more info needed. Task manager? I'm running OS X on a mac, where is task manager?
    please help if you can. i want to get back to being jailbroken and having all the fun i was having last night.
  4. ricecook

ricecook New Member

ctrl alt delete press all three at the same time
  5. jojohnst

jojohnst New Member

sorry, task manager not working. what does that suggest?
  6. yamo

yamo Member

That macs dont have task manager.
  7. jojohnst

jojohnst New Member

right, that's what i thought. anyhow, what would be the point of using one in this situation? is it similar to the activity monitor and how does it help my problem?
  8. jojohnst

jojohnst New Member

9. CraigT

CraigT New Member

@jojohnst

I have been having the same problem. It only happens on my second machine (my PC @ work) not my home PC. Also, this HAS been doing this well before I jailbroke my iPod Touch. I'm thinking it is a problem with the USB ports on the machine in question.

I have no solution to the problem, but I thought I'd let you know that I do not think it is anything to do with you jailbraking your Pod.

If I have any info I will return and post here.

Peace

PS email me if you find a solution craigt@realtime.me.uk
  10. KhOAsGOTRiCe

KhOAsGOTRiCe New Member

Finally

YES! someone with the same problem....ive got the same thing and i am on a PC. i called apple support and they dont know what is wrong either. but heres what i did and it works. first try to plug in using different usb ports, that works most of the time. if that doesnt work, power cycle the ipod (press sleep/hold button) then turn it on, so this a couple times if needed. but yeah, i have no clue whats wrong. it happens to me a couple times, my theory is that its the computers ports becuase im on an old laptop and when i sync on my friends computer this never happens, but i can be wrong. i hope this helps!

hopefully apple resolves this problem or something..