itunes cards in canada itunes..

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by arikado, Jan 3, 2009.

1. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so i heard the rumor that itunes cards dont work with the canada itunes store.

What? Is this true?

I don't have a credit card, so can you guys tell me the alternative ways to buy apps in the application store? I live in toronto, canada

Oh, and i HAVE an itunes account, It's just that the payment was selected as 'none'.
  2. latinoboi113

latinoboi113 New Member

It's either the codes or credit card or debit card. Dude that's sucks. Hopefully some one can give you a better answer.
  3. Functional Disorder

Functional Disorder New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, I don't see how you can use debit cards through itunes as you would need to put in your PIN code, so no.
    And it's not a rumour. You can't purchase apps in Canada. Something to do with the law. What the specific law was, I can't recall, but you can buy music, but not games...
    I guess you're SOL if you don't have a CC
  4. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So how do i purchase apps that cost money? Is the only way with a credit card?

Thanks.
  5. tornbacchus

tornbacchus New Member

ha well i learned the hard way last week, and apple was really rude about it. I EVEN ASKED THE APPLE PERSON AT THE APPLE STORE BEFORE I BOUGHT IT AND THEY SAID IT CAN BE USED FOR EVERYTHING ON ITUNES. so i was actually going to buy 100$+ worth of apps, but it says no where on the card that they cant be used for apps, so i asked for a refund of the card, i didnt even use the code yet! they said no so i got mad.

so here i am today, not caring anymore now downloading all apps for free. i could care less about this. i dont have a credit card, they wont tell you until you buy it, and they were rude and lied. apple just lost money and i dont really care. i am now getting all of my apps for free... its not my loss, its theirs. im enjoying my free apps as i laugh at apple.

ps dont ask me how to do it, i will not tell you, and ive gotton asked alot.
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Arikado, the only way to purchase paid applications from the App Store in Canada is by using a credit card. Unfortunately, you can't use iTunes gift cards to purchase applications in Canada due to some online purchases law. I think it deals with taxes or something like that.
  7. tornbacchus

tornbacchus New Member

what i learned is that if you go to moneymart, you can buy 25$ prepaid credit cards.

im not doing this until itunes gives me my money back for my itunes card.
  8. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I see. Damn.

Whats the point of the itunes gift card in canada then?

I see tons of those here and i was about to get one to purchase apps. If it's possible to purchase other things like music, i dont understand why purchasing apps isnt allowed by the law..