itunes cant find ipod touch when in recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by tgcubs, Sep 30, 2008.

1. tgcubs

tgcubs New Member

i had just tried updating my ipod touch to 2.1 and my itunes to 8.0. so after i did all that stuff, i opened itunes, and it told me files were missing and i had to reinstall it. and i reinstalled it abbout four times, and it still didnt work. so when i went to update my ipod, it went into restore mode, and when i plug my ipod in, itunes never detects it. and i tried it on my sisters laptop and it works fine. so its something with itunes. help!!
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Try placing the iPod touch into DFU Mode rather than Recovery Mode.
  3. tgcubs

tgcubs New Member

how do i do that? sorry im a noob.
  4. Floorhead

Floorhead New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1. Turn on your iPod (in my case it would only get as far as displaying the Apple logo)
    2. Hold the power and home buttons down (the iPod will power off after 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down)
    3. After the iPod powers off, release the power button (but keep holding the home button down)
    4. After a couple more seconds, you should hear that magical “ding dong” that means the iPod is coming back alive, and that Windows has detected it. You may even see a little “New hardware” popup in Windows. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPod is in DFU mode.
    5. Now iTunes will see it as a DFU’ed iPod and should ask you to automatically restore its firmware.

In case you’re wondering, the “power button” is the one on top, and the “home button” is the one under the screen.
  5. tgcubs

tgcubs New Member

oh good joke.