iTunes Backups

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by madcowz, Feb 3, 2009.

1. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So if I jailbreak my ipt2g, then i will have to restore my ipod with the custom firmware that I already made. However, I will lose all my game save data/preferences. Is there any way to put my game save data (i need it) back on my ipod after i restore with jailbreak? i heard theat if you use a legit itunes backup on a jailbroken device, it gets messed up? is this true/what actually hapens? sorry if these are n00b questions, just wondering if redsn0w lite is worth it.
  2. codelig

codelig New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I restored my iTunes backup after the jailbreak and everything was OK. You are forced to reboot your device after the restore, this means you have to enable DFU mode again and boot it using the standard jailbreak way.
  3. Waq

Waq New Member

when i restore from a backup i only get back the notes but not the songs am i doin something wrong?
  4. bmcj

bmcj New Member

no you did everything right; it wont backup songs for you that aren't already in your itunes, so if your like me (i don't use itunes to get music..) you probably lost them and need to drag them back on manually. It does however bring other things back like settings and bookmarks in safari and other junk like notes