iTunes backup

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Digitalbob, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Digitalbob

Digitalbob New Member

Hi all, I hope I don't stuff up the system here, but I originally posted the problem below in the ipod section when I think it should have been here.

I have an Ipod touch 2nd gen (great little machine). I want to backup Itunes to DVD. On my computer I have seperate CD & DVD drives. When I run Itunes backup the program goes straight to my CD drive. Can someone please tell me how to backup to my DVD drive. Thanks
  2. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Uh..
    You wanna put your iTunes Library on a DVD.
    Am I getting that part correct?
    You might be better off getting a $20 2GB flash drive and putting everything on that.
    Rather A DVD
  3. Digitalbob

Digitalbob New Member

Yes I want to use a DVD instead of CD because they hold more. All my other files are on DVD so I want to stay with that format instead of using flash memory. As far as I can see if I were to disable my CD drive then iTunes would go to the DVD drive. I'll try that and advise back. Thanks
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Update.. I dissabled my CD drive and when I tried to backup a window appeared telling me it couldn't find my CD drive and asked me if I wanted to use the DVD drive - BINGO that's what I wanted. So at least I can now do what I set out to do. Interesting to note, there must be somewhere in iTunes where you can specify your prefered drive. Does anyone have any idea where this is?
    Thanks