iTunes backup does it include game saves?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sbelli, Oct 24, 2009.

1. sbelli

sbelli New Member

NOOBIE MISTAKE ALERT!!!

I accidentally deleted Hero of Sparta and I was WAY into the game. I had "checked" off some games that were taking up space that I decided to at least temporarily wanted to get rid of. What I didn't know is that when you do that you also erase game saves...not a big deal for those games I purposely deleted. But since I accidentally had Hero of Sparta marked off, it's now gone as well.

I'm a noobie and, yes, I've jailbroken and really should be using other methods for getting things on and off of my iPod (haven't used any other backup utilities just SSH'd some emulator stuff).

I've learned my lesson. But the question is if I do a "restore" from within iTunes will it restore my gamesave from Hero of Sparta. Kind of scared also with the fact that I jailbroke it (about a week ago so there's been automatic "backups" within iTunes since then) what happens when you do a restore within iTunes.

Or am I just screwed with my HoS game save?
  2. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if u just check it and it goes back on there it will start from where you finished
    hope that helps
  3. sbelli

sbelli New Member

Tried that. Only getting "new game" as option not continue.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh ok i dont no what you can do then i havnt played hero of sparta
    does it hav an online feature
  5. sbelli

sbelli New Member

no doesn't have online features. And I know all the time the iTunes sofware says "backing up iPod", but if you go to the restore button is says something about restoring to it ORIGINAL state, which obviously I don't want to do. I thought there would be something that would allow me to select a date to restore from (kind of like Windows Restore feature).
  6. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you have made a back up of your iPod when it still had the Sparta game save you can restore it from that backup and you will get it back.
  7. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    how do you restore to a backup?
  8. sbelli

sbelli New Member

Good question. Whenever I prese the "restore function" on the iPod touch it warns me that it will reset it back to the original settings...which I asume would mean I'd loose not only my saves but music, apps, etc. since I bought it. Don't see any thing that allows you to restore to a specific date, etc.

That's the only game I'm kind of pissed about since most of the other apps are more arcadey one-off kind of things that you don't care about game saves, but like I said I'm sure I was at least 50 percent through (maybe more like 80 percent but can't find an walkthough and had been playing along time on it).
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    bumping for no more repsonses. But don't you think it's gotta be one of the most retarted things that Apple did withthis whole 'sync' thing. I mean some of us - particularly cheapos like myself - have only 8 GB and a lot of apps and music. So it's nice to put things back and forth if we want to play again some other time but have something else you want to play more now. So WHY aren't gamesaves included in that process? How difficult could that possibly be to implement? So if I move a game to my PC and then back to my iPod Touch I've got to start all over?!?!?

Really, really stupid move by Apple. An application to sync shoud sync data and everything not just the App itself.
  9. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Bumping in hope of an answer, I too have to restore my iPod, but want to keep my game saves, is there any way to do so?
  10. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    restore your ipod, and when it sets up the ipod in itunes, instead of choosing to set up as new device, select one of the backups and it will put everything back just like it was the day the backup was made