iTunes and device manager not recognising ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thebozenator, Feb 17, 2009.

1. thebozenator

thebozenator New Member

I tried searchinp suggesting it was plugged in. Also, it does not show up under the device manager.

fortunatly i can still charge my ipod using some threads on this site and none of them seem to work. Some people were having a problem where the ipod was showing as a camera but not for me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

When i plug in my ipod there is no pop up on my computer. I can still charge my ipod on my computer but now i want to update it and my computer wont let me.

I have also tried it on a different computer and it still wont work, any suggestions

I have a jailbroken 16gb first gen ipod touch, version 2.2
  2. kdzsnake

kdzsnake New Member

Help!!!!!!! My ipod isnt reconized bt the computer and it is not found on itunes. Plus it wont turn on!!!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    SOMEONE pLS!!!!!!!!!! helP
  3. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Remember the 6 R's:
    1. Recharge- Charge your iPod.
    2. Reboot- Turn your iPod off then turn it back on.
    3. Reset your iPod- To reset iPod touch, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo.
    4. Remove- If iPod touch is not working as expected, it may be due to some of the content synced to it. Try selectively removing certain content that may be causing unexpected behavior such as songs, contacts, calendars, photos, videos, or podcasts. To remove content, connect iPod touch via USB and use iTunes to change the sync settings. Click on iPod touch in the Source list, and select each tab to change what content is synced and click Apply.
    5. Reset Settings- Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset All
    If that does not resolve your issue, try erasing all settings.
    Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings

WARNING: Only do this if all else fails.
    6. Restore- Look here
  4. thebozenator

thebozenator New Member

I've tried all but the last 2. what does the reset all do?
  5. Shuya

Shuya New Member

Hi, I have an ipod touch. and it works really fine. but i am having some smaller problems with it and i dont know what else to do. so i came here for suggestions. so please help me. -" My ipod touch show's up in itunes and all, but when i try sync it its failing and wont sync. and then a problems show's. "The device could not be written" or something like that. but when i plug it in to my old computer wich has 1.1 usb ports it works like a charm and let me do anything. i can sync and all. but WHY wont it work with my new computer wich has 2.0 usb ports ? WHY ?!?!? it makes no sense. And yes. My old computer has the same itunes as my new one. so it isent itunes that is the problem. not what i think anyways. Thx for help.

6. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It resets your settings which does not effect any of your media. You can change them back once you've done this.
  7. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I hate threads like this

no offence but i hate threads like this lol, this means that you didn't eject your ipod and pulled it out half way through sync, hard reboot, delete all settings, look up (^^^^^) and then re-plug it in, if not re-install itunes
  8. thebozenator

thebozenator New Member

sorry, but i've tried that a couple of times. I even reinstalled itunes.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    so after about one hour of crying i decided to erase all the contents of my ipod. So i did, waited 2 hours and then my ipod got stuck on the boot logo. So i put it into restore mode, reinstalled the 2.0 firmware, jailbreaked, quickpwned to 2.2.1 and now it works!!!

but this is a bitter sweet ending and now i will spend countless hours getting my things back...