iTunes Account Trouble

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Lodmot347, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Lodmot347

Lodmot347 New Member

Ok... I have no idea what's going on here...
    Today I just updated my iPod touch (1st gen) to the 3.0 firmware, and it seems like ever since then, the iPod thinks my iTunes account no longer exists. I have not been able to update any of my apps, or grab any content from iTunes using my iPod touch. Whenever I try to type my account password, it says my password is invalid. I've tried the "Forgot Your Password" route, but when I put in my account, it says it doesn't exist. I've been using the same account for nearly 2 years, and strangely enough, it actually still works on iTunes through the computer...

Anyone else also having this problem? Is there a way to fix it?
  2. NHDrumline14

NHDrumline14 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't have 3.0 yet, but did you try to restore your iPod? I've heard that may clear up any bugs that people have in 3.0...
  3. Lodmot347

Lodmot347 New Member

Haven't tried that yet. I'll give it a shot and let you know the results. ^^
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, you're not gonna believe this... but I have a NEW problem >3<
    I tried restoring my iPod touch, and it seemed to be working, but then it came up with the message "The iPod "iPod" cannot be restored. (Error 1601)."
    Gaahh....
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Alright... After hours of trying to restore my iPod and get it running on OS 3.0 again, I've just discovered that the original problem is still there. D:

Is there anyone out there who is having this problem at all with their iTunes account? If not, then I'm gonna take this thing to Apple today.
  4. akrikhely

akrikhely New Member

Am having the same exact problem - have you had any new insights?
  5. himynameisjuan

himynameisjuan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm having the same problem with the "iTunes account does not exist". I decided to make an account with the old e-mail, and I haven't received a confirmation e-mail. Not sure what's going on..