iTunes 9...or can we call it 8.5???

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by yoshi king, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoshi king

yoshi king New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So I was searching everywhere for some sort of mini-review of iTunes 9, so I am very sorry in advance

So iTunes 9 was like Apples "crap... no one seems to like the new iPod Touch we announced... I KNOW!!! We should announce the new iTunes!!!" Technically speaking, I thought it was Apples *sarcasm* best news * sarcasm* of the whole entire conference.

Not saying that it wasn't, indeed it did bring some innovation to multi-media organization, but as a guy who likes his things messed up and all about, didn't really apply to me.

iTunes 9 is (from what I've heard over the interwebz) is supposed to make syncing iPhones/Touches faster... but I rarely sync my iPod Touch at all, so I never saw any difference there. You can also make some sort of "DJ mix" of your songs, again, I am a person who has many tastes in music, so when I listen to "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" by Daft Punk then it just miraculously mixes into "Ready to Fall" by Rise Against... my goodness did I almost have a heart attack...
    "What is iTunes LP"
    No idea actually, I tried listening to Steve Jobs at the conference... but I just got lost.

On the jailbreaking note: iTunes 9 does not permit you to access WinSCP or (for example) Sharepod due to some drivers installed with the update. So unless you don't mind the lack of SSH, then go for it my fellow hacker. Unless I'm totally wrong and someone found a workaround to this.

iTunes 9 is really fine and all, but from my POV, it's not really a MAJOR update but just adding features... I didn't like it but you don't have to listen to me, heck, don't even read this... like if this was a report written on paper, just crumple it and through in a fire.

RECOMMEND? It really depends on who uses it. I didn't like it nor did I hate it, it's just I already have the features I need for now. Unless you absolutely need this update or just fancy it , it's approved by the Dev teams and myself... so it's a recommend.

Tasty bits:
    • you get a new interface for the iTunes Store
    • Genius Mixes, it's like a computerized DJ.. in your computer (mac/linux)!!!
    • Faster syncing for all those people who have a lot of stuff to sync
    • iTunes LP... what does LP stand for???
    • App organization without the hassle of finger-swiping

The Rotten Parts:
    • if you are like me who have a "wide variety" of music, Genius Mixes could be the end of you... did I hear Skynet???
    • Depending in how much music/videos/apps you have, syncing will either be faster or the same, which is pretty much common sense there
    • WinSCP and programs like Sharepod do not work unless a new update or a workaround is found
    • It eats RAM like a fat kid to McDonalds

Anyways, this is my first thread, flame it or hate it...

THE END
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, it's iTunes 9. Call it that.
  3. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Seriously?
    First the iPod touch, Now iTunes?
    C'mon.
    it's iTunes 9
  4. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Do version numbers really matter? As long as its a HIGHER number, who cares?
  5. yoshi king

yoshi king New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I really didn't mean for this post to be a bash on iTunes 9 (sorry), it's really good and a step up from the last version and the new iPod Touch 3G is awesome (I'm applying for another job to make enough money to get one...dedication, right?) I'm just saying that I don't need these features...well not now for that matter. Maybe when they fix the whole "no SSH" problem will be the time for me to upgrade

*EDIT* Title was total sarcasm and lack of imagination
  6. the_riddler

the_riddler New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    haha lol
  7. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ...WinSCP still works. I don't know what you're talking about.
  8. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    O. M. F. G.

Is this the next version of the iPod touch 2.5G vs 3G argument?

NO! It's called iTunes 9. Call it iTunes 9. kthxbai.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.