iTunes 9 -- is it worth getting?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by FrankZ0509, Sep 11, 2009.

?

Is it worth upgrading to iTunes 9? [Post your thoughts in the thread]

1. Yes.

91.3%
  2. No.

8.7%
  1. FrankZ0509

FrankZ0509 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, with the release of iTunes 9, I've been hearing lots of feedback about it (both positive and negative; but mostly the latter). I'm on 8.2, and I wanna know -- is it worth getting? Would upgrading to 9 be all worth it?

They say that 9 syncs faster, and works faster in general, especially on Windows Seven. However, there are also a majority of threads pointing out that 9 eats much more RAM than its predecessor (which is a big no-no for me) and that it doesn't have much improvements other than a slightly revamped interface and iTunes Store, and support for LP's.

So... is it worth it? Please vote in the poll and post your thoughts here.
  2. The_Guitar_Hero

The_Guitar_Hero New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    RAM may be an issue, but everything else is awesome! Its faster and genius mixes is a great new feature.

One big issue though, they changed the backround colour on the grid view to plain white rather than black, looks crap now

But still go get it now!
  3. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    it would be acceptable if it consumes more RAM while its doing something like synching faster, but when not doing anything, that is inefficient intolerable.
  4. clyde57

clyde57 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    iTunes 9 is great but some it doesn't work with iFunbox since I upgrade my iphone 3G 3.0 firmware jaikbroken. Now I can't upload my ipa files. Sux....
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    iTunes 9 is great but somehow it doesn't work with iFunbox since I upgrade to iTunes 9. Somehow iFunBox can't reconize ma iphone 3G 3.0 firmware jaikbroken. Now I can't upload my ipa files. Sux....
  5. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

As long as I don't run it when I don't need it I'm OK with iTunes 9. Makes WMP all the sweeter, as it consumes 90% less ram doing something when iTunes is idle.
  6. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    iTunes 9 is a good improvement over the 8.2 version... The geniux mix as well as iTunes U (interesting education-based apps, perfect for those college-going fanboys!) are great new features... In addition, the syncing (which was a BIG issue for me in earlier versions - too slow!) is now much faster, a VERY big plus for me!

Please Register or Log in to view images

However, the bad thing is that v9 deletes all the other previous firmware and with the 3.1.1 firmware, it helped to screw my Smart Playlists (together with the ones for Thomas-J and several others!) and messed up the order of the songs... Everything is still in its usual order in iTunes though...

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. FrankZ0509

FrankZ0509 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay... I'm getting it now. Let's see how this goes.
  8. geoman92

geoman92 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah its awesome! Much more easier!
    Btw im not new to the forums but i havent posted before so waz up?
  9. you_kn0w

you_kn0w New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I vote "Yes", because it's a bit faster.