Itunes 9.2 error 28

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by X-p0!nT, Jun 30, 2010.

1. X-p0!nT

X-p0!nT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't know if I'm posting this on the right forum, sorry if I didn't.

I just upgraded to itunes 9.2 and downloaded OS 3.1.2, I have two ipods (Both 8gb, MC), one with iOS 3.1.3 and one with iOS 4.0, I tried to downgrade the one with iOS 4.0 to 3.1.2, but I get error 28, which made my ipod unable to restore again and I used quickpwn to reset it. Then I tried to downgrade my ipod with ios 3.1.3 to 3.1.2, I got the same error and had to use quickpwn again...

Does anybody knows how to downgrade from 4.0 or 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 without getting that error?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry now I know I haven't posted on the right forum...
  2. TheDonKills

TheDonKills Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've tried downgrading to 3.1.3 and I get the firmware signing error 3194 but the error 28 you're receiving is most likely because your iPod MC like mine, came preloaded with 3.1.3 so that is why you're getting the hardware error 28.
  3. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    excuse me, but you have already posted a thread like this. Please do not repost threads because it will not help a bit. Also, no 'bumping' threads.. Which I saw in your other thread, and yes... double posting with 'anyone?' could be considered as bumping. I ain't no moderator, but i know the rules.

To your question, the error 28 is because your iPod came as an MC Model, which are very restricted in the update world.
  4. Humantorch71

Humantorch71 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Error 28 is like Steve jobs reaching through my screen and punching me in the face.