iTunes 8 error, please help!

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by ska18, Sep 16, 2008.

1. ska18

ska18 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    so, i got so hyped up for the new itunes 8, and when i went to go and install it, it doesent work.
    this is what happens. the error occurrs right after this:

Please Register or Log in to view images

then this pops up, and will not let me install itunes. its odd though, because it installed the quicktime update that came with it...

Please Register or Log in to view images

i looked into updating the ISScript.msi which the error says to do, and supposedly a simple update to windows would fix it. i tried to update and ran into all these major problems, found out i had this major virus that turned off firewall, automatic update etc, so i fixed everything after like 2 days. figured out how to turn back on automatic updates etc, updated my system, got the service pack 3, and still nothing.

i have searched EVERYTHING on the microsoft support site, 1-800-MY-APPLE doesn't know what to do, and neither does google. a lot of people on the microsoft forums and a lot of people found through various google links have had this problem all the way from 2006, and still cant find a fix.

so i thought i would ask my good friends here on IPTF.com because its IPTF, someone is bound to know.

if you can help me, i will appreciate it soooo much.

thanks.
  2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    restart your computer thats what i did and it worked if not uninstall and reinstall
  3. ska18

ska18 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ive restarted like a million times between all the updates and stuff i did, i want to try and uninstall itunes and quicktime, (the previous one), but im afraid that i wont be able to install the new one still, and then have no itunes, because with the way this error is looking there is no fix.
  4. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    thats weird i dont know but ill try and search around for it
  5. ska18

ska18 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thanks a lot.