iTunes 8 and no quickPWN

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by pimbo, Sep 30, 2008.

1. pimbo

pimbo Member

Hello i want to PWN my iPod touch 1 gen 16GB 2.1 FW but i am currently using version 8 of iTunes.So will this work okay with the version 8, and what PWN should i use(is guickPwn safe?).
    THX in advance.
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

If you'd read this site or the dev team site at blog.iPhone-dev.org, you'd already have your answer. To sum up for the ones who need short answers, yes you can QuickPwn as it doesn't touch iTunes. It's fairly safe and is fast.
  3. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Yes. The new version of QuickPWN was designed to jailbreak 2.1 so of course it is compatible with iTunes 8.0.

QuickPwn as far as i'm concerned is perfectly safe. You can Always DFU and restore.

Just a hint : Keep your finger on the home button until you get the spinny wheel under the picture of the Ramdisk (so hold it a little longer than the 30 seconds it tells you to). This for me, removed the risk of getting the apple logo 'hang'.
  4. pimbo

pimbo Member

1 more question.Will quickPwn ask me to locate my 2.1 FW?I updated it from i tunes so could i please get the path of the FW.
    THX!
    I like turtles.
  5. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

The new version locates it automatically.

Go to the iphone dev team website and download the newest version they have just to make sure.