iTunes 7.6 problem. Can't jailbreak 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by bizty, Jan 18, 2008.

1. bizty

bizty New Member

Hi..

I have a Mac with the newest iTunes version (7.6).I wanted to restore my iPod, so I downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbreaked it. installed oktoprep. Updated to 1.1.2, and ran the jailbreak. BUT when the jailbreak is finished I get the "Connect to iTunes" picture on my iPod. I know it is because of iTunes 7.6. I tried to downgrade iTunes to 7.5, and I almost succeeded. I downloaded it here: http://www.oldapps.com/download_iTunes_mac.php
    Uninstalled iTunes 7.6 and installed 7.5. In my music folder I overwrite my new library with the old one from 7.5. iTunes 7.5 start just fine, but it can't find my iPod. Only if the iPod is in recoverymode, but then it fails if i try to recover.
    Hope you can answer at least one of these questions.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
    How do I jailbreak 1.1.2 with iTunes 7.6?! (Yes I have tried to kill iTunes and iTunes helper while jailbreaking)
    How do I downgrade to iTunes 7.5 and make it find my iPod?

I'm not a master of the English language.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Dbajj

Dbajj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well im not actually sure but I heard that 7.6 broke the Oktoprep used to jailbreak 1.1.2, so it will not work and you can only downgrade to 1.1.1.
  3. alirz

alirz New Member

can some one confirm if we should install itunes 7.6 or no, in case we need to re jailbreak our ipodds again!!! i read some place that 7.6 is not JB 1.1.2.....please confirm
  4. bizty

bizty New Member

I have figured out how to solve the problem that I had.

My problem was that I got "Connect to iTunes" picture after jailbreaking 1.1.2. I solved it by installing independence. It restarted my iPod a couple of times and suddently i got installer app.

If you are using windows I think ibrick can do the same for you.
  5. ucflow

ucflow New Member

INdependence no good for 7.6?

I had the same problems, tried the INdependence thing, and it told me it's not compatible with 7.6, so it didn't work for me. Is there a new version of INdependence that works with 7.6? the one I downloaded was 1.3.1
  6. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you can do it in 7.6 Install the latest iNdependence (the beta one). then run that when you get stuck on the restore screen after the 1.1.2 update. it will kick it out of restore and you wiill be on 1.1.2
  7. ucflow

ucflow New Member

Got it. 1.3.2 beta is the trick! Thanks.
  8. jped

jped New Member

when i try and use independence 1.3.2 beta i alway get an error and it closes anyone else get this and how do i get past it