iTune wont recongnize iPod in recovery

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Seb4, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Seb4

Seb4 New Member

Ok so here's my problem, i used quickfreedom and everything went well, until i come to the step that put the iPod in dfu then pre-jailbreak, it does it and my screen turn white, but iTunes don't spawn a window saying that i must restore it, and its not on the left so i cant click on restore (iTunes don't recognize it)

heres what i did and what operating system im using:
    Windows xp professional 64 bit i installed libusb perfectly and he recognize my iPod and all other usb devices. i had in device manager a Apple iPod in a category like LibUSB win-32 or something, i deleted it after my first attempt at jailbreaking, and tried every possible ways to install the iPod with add hardware wizard and stuff'. i tried to install the driver when in dfu, recovery, normal none worked. i could install dfu and normal but when i try for recovery they say that the device wont start (stay at off state) but its at on state since the screen is white. i also had some problem installing itunes since im using windows xp 64 instead of vista 64. but itunes is perfectly installed and he recognize my iPod with in dfu and normal(and i can sync) mode.

if u need any other info just ask me.

oh, and yes i tried to search on the forum and google but i couldnt find even through im 100% sure this was asked many times in this forum.

oh, one more thing, i tried to change usb port. rebooting my comp, close itunes and open it only when in recovery etc.. so if some1 can figure out whats the problem it would be appreciated!

-Seb4
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Bump!
  2. Seb4

Seb4 New Member

can any help?
  3. iPodhacker2G

iPodhacker2G New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ya

Just out it into DFU mode again and then iTunes will see it

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Seb4

Seb4 New Member

ok, but it says i cant restore the firmware, nor any other firmware, somebody have a sollution ?