Itty bitsy lint between glass and lcd [+how did it get there?]

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pilfrota, Mar 14, 2008.

  1. pilfrota

    pilfrota New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2008
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    A tiny lint just got stuck inside my iPoT's glass cover, just above the lcd screen.

    At first look, I thought it was a scratch, but when inspecting it closely I noticed it was indeed a small piece of lint that, god knows how, got trapped in there.

    In some apps, I noticed that the area where the lint is located became less sensitive to touch commands.
    However, in the SpringBoard it is just as responsible as every other area.

    My questions:

    1 - Any ideas on how to remove it?
    2 - Or in how the hell it got in there in first place?
    3 - Any similar cases?
    4 - In case I start getting annoyed by the subtle loss of sensitivity should I go to apple for a solution?

    Please Register or Log in to view images

  2. iTouch532

    iTouch532 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2007
    Messages:
    2,710
    Likes Received:
    30
    Device:
    iPod touch
    To Remove it, oPen your iPod
    It went in Through the Headphone jack.
    Yes, but not in the iPod.
    No Don't go to Apple yet.

    and, I know I said it, but don't open your iPod, that will just get more dust inside.
  3. denoipod

    denoipod New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2008
    Messages:
    98
    Likes Received:
    0
    I would more likely say its the usb connector since it's like so much bigger and if you try to blow the lint out of that opening some will go inward and it has to go somewhere. I would certainly not suggest using canned air because it would certainly blow the dirt inside of the devise instead of removing it . I still don't know how the ipod knows your touching it but can't see a bit of dust causing the touch sensitive feature to fail.
  4. Aduumzor

    Aduumzor New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2007
    Messages:
    589
    Likes Received:
    6
    Device:
    iPod touch
    Deal with it.
    Rather a little bother that you can get used to rather than a voided warranty after you pulled wires out of your iPod.
    I have lint inbetween my screen guard but I got used to it.
  5. iTouch532

    iTouch532 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2007
    Messages:
    2,710
    Likes Received:
    30
    Device:
    iPod touch
    Oh yeah I forgot and left that part out! thanks!

    yes USB Port as well.

    *edit*

    You can also take one of those Air Compressors for the computer, and blow through the bottom of the iPod, maybe that will eventually work, but if you do that, just make sure you don't get the liquid inside the iPod, that will most likely Kill it.

    And By kill it I mean Freeze it.
  6. tag009

    tag009 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2007
    Messages:
    797
    Likes Received:
    7
    Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you think thats annoying there is a SCRATCH on mine!!!!!!

    a tiny perfectly straight little scratch on the left side middle of the screen
    i didnt think it was possible to get a scratch, and i take good care of my ipod

    Please Register or Log in to view images


    (yes im positive it is a scratch, i can feel the indent)

    i also have lint or something in mine but just around the sides, which bugs the crap out of me!

Share This Page