It's sad how Apple doesn't upgrade its hardware that often.

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by SHININGSTEEL, Feb 11, 2009.

1. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

Sure they release new models every two years, but that isn't enough. There needs to be constant change in order to be up to date. Change every 3 months is reasonable, every couple of years is horrible. In addition, they don't even lower the price as time goes along. You're paying a modern-day price for yesteryear hardware. Here's a great example,

Please Register or Log in to view images

This 8-core i7 Dell outperforms the standard 8-core Mac Pro, yet the Dell is thousands cheaper. It also manages to fit 8 cores in one chip while the Mac requires 2. Your thoughts?

TLDR: Outdated hardware is one of the main reasons why Macs are overpriced. They wouldn't be if Apple lowered it's computers price and increased the hardware a little bit more often.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Thanks again for showing your lack of a "clue"
  3. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

Thanks for elaborating. You are a very descriptive writer.
  4. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

Why is that??
    he has a major point.. apple overcharges its customers... the people could go over to hp or dell and get themselves a better computer for cheaper!
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Not worth my time but it's sad you try and throw all this crap out there but have very little clue on the business workings of either company.
  6. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  7. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

I realize Apple makes a huge profit by doing this. That doesn't upset me. What makes me mad is people insist on buying from them when they have nothing to benefit from doing so.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Pretty much every computer manufacturer updates its hardware, lowers prices, and releases new models every 3 or so months. Technology stops for nobody. Just today Intel cut it's production rate on 45nm chips.
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I will give you one thing to ponder and has a bit to do with pricing. Find out how much it costs to provide support per phone call for a company who uses North American support and one that uses India or the likes. Then tell me who you speak to when you call Dell and who you speak to when you call Apple?

Sorry, you can't afford to be a part of the Apple community. Crying is not going to change anything. Get over it and enjoy living in Dell Hell!
  9. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

Tech support should not add an additional 500 or so dollars to a product. I also do not rely on Dell tech support or any other company's for that matter. Unless I want to send their sh*t product back to them and get a refund or replacement.

I have never purchased a Dell. They are just as overpriced.
  10. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Dell hell? LOL But I do agree that people/companies using a Mac Pro need good customer service.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And if your product breaks?

Wait, you are trying to tell us that Dell is a lot cheaper, and now you are saying they are overpriced?

Please Register or Log in to view images