Its Gonna EXPLODE!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MrExile, Feb 13, 2008.

1. MrExile

MrExile New Member

Help, hey, 30mins ago, i uploaded a file into sendspace with my ipod touch, all of sudden, my ipod hung and i click the sleep button. From then on, i was unable to turn it on, even though i connected it to my computer just only, to see if there was any icon. Although there was none.
    Now, its turning hotter and hotter, im afraid its gonna explode or will overheat. I do not wish to restore my ipod as i took great pains to jailbreak it to 1.1.3. Pls help me!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You might have to restore. But first let the battery die even though the screen is off the ipod is obviously doing something because it is hot. Just like how your laptop gets hot.

If that doesn't work then let it explode? And get a new one.

Also it doesn't take that long to jailbreak 1.1.3

1. Restore to 1.1.1
    2. Jailbreak 1.1.1
    3. Shift Upgrade to 1.1.2
    4. Jailbreak 1.1.2
    5. Go into installer.app and download Official 1.1.3 Upgrader.
    6. Run Upgrade.app
    7. Wait
    8. Be happy with 1.1.3
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

If it is continuing to heat up even though it is supposedly in sleep mode, then it could be:

A) Something is continuing to run on the Touch in a tight loop, which is driving the processor to capacity. It probably won't explode as long as the heat is allowed to dissipate. (Don't rest it on fabrics or anything that might trap or block heat dissipation.) Force a reset (or a restore, your choice) and you should be okay.

B) The battery is faulty and about to assplode. Don't rest it on fabrics or anything that might go up in flames. Then call Apple and ask them if their batteries are made by Sony...
  4. MrExile

MrExile New Member

Okay thanks everyone for your help. But heres what i did, and it works! I let the battery run till its flat, then connect the ipod to my computer. Tada! Done!
  5. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    WELL you could put it on some fabric and if it does catch on fire (shouldn't be a big one) SUE APPLE

AND TELL THEM TO GIVE US SDK NOW