its dead

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by godgiven666, Sep 15, 2009.

1. godgiven666

godgiven666 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok soo this is my first post and its a question more like a plead for help ..... iv been to the site before and i really like it its a nice place u got here but here goes any help would be greatly appericated

now when i say wont turn on i mean wont turn on ... not ooo it gives me a white screen or it just hangs at the apple screen no black screen no reaction in anyway ... NOTHING!! sooo i figure im in for calling apple but here is the catch it is jailbroken.. can they still find out that it is jailbroken even if it WILL NOT turn on at all ( pushed every button and helled every button tryed every method... DFU mode i couldent find even when it is pluged in to the computer not a thing) and if they do realize it what will they do

2G iPod touch
  2. xmanguy

xmanguy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    try restoring
  3. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    just hold the home and power buttons for a long time when its plugged into the computer and it should show up
  4. godgiven666

godgiven666 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    tried both and how

cant restore ... computer will not even recognize that it is plugged in neather will iTunes

and how long are you talking..... iv healed those buttons down for well over a minute
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    soooo yea the thing is it is completely unresponsive when plugged into the computer doesent react in anyway and the computer doesent even recognize that it is hooked up doesent show in device manager or itunes.... it is basicly a 400$ paper weight not even a flash light NOTHING... its upsetting

soo i called apple cause i live in Canada and there is no apple store near me closest one is like 4 hours away i live in windsor..

soo i have to mail it to them and then i figure if they are able to access it they would have to turn it on and hopefully that means i may be able to fix it and maybe it will be soo messed up that they wont be able to access the files ....

iv read that if they do get a jailbroken iPod they just send it back with a letter saying that the warranty is voided and that the will not and no longer fix the iPod and right now it doesent even come on or do anything at all . sooo i figure what do i have to lose
  5. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    try plugging it in to another computer. or when its on the apple logo have you tried plugging it in? does it show for a few seconds?
  6. godgiven666

godgiven666 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    no i dont get the apple screen the lcd screen doesent even turn on like i know when it turns on it goes black for a second and then shows the apple it doesent go black ...... the screen just stays off

and since it doesent seem to be turning on i cant even restore it or anything
  7. palyons

palyons New Member

Device:
    iPad
    @godgiven666 check your Private Messages on ifans.com, sent you a message.
  8. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Maybe you're not DFU'ing right...

Hold the POWER and HOME button for about 10 seconds (I'd do it for around 12-13 just to be safe) then let go of the POWER button and continue holding the HOME button for 5 seconds (again, just to be safe, hold for around 8).

do all this while plugged in

if it still is unresponsive, I really don't know what to do.... sorry. Oh and in my opinion, I think it would be okay to send it into apple as a LAST RESORT.
    If you can't turn it on, I don't apple could at all...... And remember I said LAST RESORT and that means you really can't do anything more and no one knows the answer, then I think its safe to send it into apple because it can't get any worse, I mean if they send it back to you and void your warranty, it doesn't really matter because you couldn't do anything about it anyway.

Hope this helps.
  9. godgiven666

godgiven666 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thanks for the thoughts but yea iv tryed it still nothing iv tryed absoultly everthing i can think of and about ur thoughs about sending it back to apple thats what i was thinking too i mean if its screwed eather way whats the harm in it if they cant get it to power up i dont see how they could check the files short of removing the chips from the board and souldering it to another and i cant imagin them doing somthing like that waist of time and money probably cheaper to send me a new ipod more like 10 new ipods

iv been in contact with apple and have setup a repair and they are sending me a box to put the ipod in will let you all know what the outcome is of this i hope is a new or repaired ipod cause i sure as hell cant afford a new one and id be lost woth out one like i chicken running with its head cut off

Update: well its gone out for repair hope that when i check the status of the ipod on apples website it says replacement sent sooo eather in 7-10 dyas ill have a new ipod or an ipod they they must have figured out how to power up ... hopeing
  10. UberNub

UberNub New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You should have just let the battery drain. Then the ipod would have started up normally, from there you could fix any problems you have. This somewhat happened to me when I was restoring my ipod and it froze. I just let the battery drain and plugged it in the next day.