its been a while...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by s-card, Aug 28, 2008.

1. s-card

s-card New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi guys, its been a while ive been here (with exams etc)...
    I was wondering about the new 2.0 fw. I am currently on 1.14, and if its worth it, would like to update to the new 2.0. However im looking on the forum and can't see any stickys explaining "how to.." .

will anyone be kind enough to point me inthe right direction? (if its even worth the update that is...)

cheers

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. saleh317

saleh317 New Member

yea , my opinion is that you update because on the appstore they have amazing games and apps and for how to just click on check for updates when you ipod is connected to itunes or you could go to any ******* site , they have loads of those firmwares there
  3. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

Use that website to get the latest firmware 2.0.2 google to find other 2.x firmwares. Its worth upgrading, app store is decent and a lot of apps are being ported over to the 2.x firmwares.

Oh and use QuickPwn (Windows) or Pwnage (Mac) to jailbreak.
  4. s-card

s-card New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    kool. thanks. Is the procedure for quickpwn the same as ziphone? also what is this apps store? lol freeware apps?

also do i need the iphone 1,2 (2.0) or the ipod 1,1 (2.0) from tht website you gave?
  5. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Pretty much I think, you have to make custom firmwares, it will have instructions on the website. If you search quickpwn or WinPwn on here, you'll find guides on it.

App store is set up by Apple where developers send apps to them and after they have been accepted, people can download them. Some are free, some have a price. If you open up iTunes, the App Store is on there.

iphone 1,2 (2.0) is if you have an iPhone (obviously), ipod 1,1 (2.0) is iPod Touch so depends on what you have.

EDIT: here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92404&highlight=quickpwn
  6. s-card

s-card New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks a lot for your time and effort mate.

btw ...is there like a list or a table which informs you of the new things 2.0 can do..??
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    seems tht the newest fw doesnt work with the latest quickpwn