[iTransmogrify!] Transform flash objets to supported formats

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by AlliPodHax, Jan 13, 2008.

1. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    iTransmogrify!

iTransmogrify! is a bookmarklet for iPhone which transforms embedded Flash content into direct links to natively supported formats. That means YouTube videos and MP3s can now be played from the iPhone’s Safari web browser with just a few clicks.
    Seeing it work is the best explanation:

On an iPhone? Try it now: iTransmogrify! (works in Safari and Firefox too)
    Sorry, it’s taking YouTube a long time to re-encode that for iPhone, in the meantime, here’s a baby panda:
    Installation

To install the bookmarklet, just drag the link to your Safari or Firefox Bookmarks, IE users should right click and choose “Add To Favorites…” After adding the link, sync your iPhone.
    Grab it now: iTransmogrify!
    More information, source code and bug-tracking is available on theiTransmogrify Google Code page.
    • Currently supported content:
    • Default YouTube Object-Embed code
    • YouTube bare Embed
    • YouTube bare Object
    • A variety of Flash-based MP3 players including Digg Podcasts
    Support for other embedded media sites will be added as I figure them out. Please report broken sites or suggest additional sources using Google Code issue tracker.
    Acknowledgements

The first robust, script insertion bookmarklets I ever saw was Sumaato’s original Flickr GeoCoding bookmarklet.
    Other sites also deserving links:
    iPhone graphic reference:
    Also, John Resig’s amazing jQuery JavaScript library. This project was the excuse I’d been looking for to finally dig in and learn it.
    The name came from a late-night brainstorming chat with Bruceand was far more fun and interesting than the utilitarian ones I was thinking of. So thank you Bruce, and of course, Bill Watterson.
    Cheers,
    Ben.

2. BlazeEdwin

BlazeEdwin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Cool.. but seems like something is blocked?

javascript:if%20(typeof%20iTransmogrify%20==%20%27undefined%27)%20{d%20=%20document;s%20=%20d.createElement(%27script%27);s.setAttribute(%27src%27,%20%27http://itransmogrify.googlecode.com/files/iTransmogrify.js?q=%27%20+%20(new%20Date).getTime());d.getElementsByTagName(%27head%27)[0].appendChild(s);}void%200;

This is correct

Seems like it doesn't work properly.. the YouTube video still can't be played
  3. God__

God__ New Member

It works fine, but the site also has to have an iPod version of the video, as in YouTube. You'll be able to surf youtube, or follow links you might get in the email, and actualy see the videos.

This DOES NOT work for the vast majority of flash you'll come across.
  4. BlazeEdwin

BlazeEdwin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It needs an hour to load a 5 mins movie..

I don't have much time = ="
  5. God__

God__ New Member

No, wrong again. It only took a few seconds to load movies on my iPod. So don't go around making broad statements based on one isolated case. That's like saying, "This has been circulating around the internet for a little while now, and people havebeen having great success with it, but in 100% of my own personal experience, it doesn't work well. Therefore it must not work well for anybody."

Oh wait, that is exactly what you are saying.
  6. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

could you listen to radio one with this.

EDIT: is radio 1 a flash MP3 thing?
  7. antihaxer

antihaxer New Member

I am confused on how to install this. Can anyone help me out here?
  8. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

I don't know if you recognize this or not, but if you see where the '%20' are this are in place for spaces.. He needs to redo the link so that doesn't happen again..
  9. Dam That River

Dam That River New Member

How do I install it?

Edit: Got it. Nice app.

Please Register or Log in to view images