iTouchBand

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by FluxBox, Dec 30, 2007.

1. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

New iTouchBand thread. Check it out.

IF YOU PM ME ASKING TO LEARN HOW TO PROGRAM THE IPOD TOUCH / IPHONE, I WILL NOT RESPOND. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I HAD 23 PMS ASKING ABOUT THIS.

Please post suggestions that I should implement.
    I'll seriously consider every suggestion you post!

iTouchBand
    Stripped Down, User Friendly Version of FL Studio / GarageBand
    On your iPod Touch or iPhone
    Alright, so it's final. I've started writing the application, using Jiggy, with maybe some Python implements later, but who knows?

It will utilize the iPoT's ability to flip onto it's side, which will display a whole different view (this will be the Python implementation).

I need someone to edit that icon in one of the following posts, pleaseee! Credit to whoever does it! Thank you in advance!

Samples might have one of the follow characteristics:
    1. Samples NOT included, with an iSamples downloader, which will place the files into your /Media directory on your iPoT
    2. Samples NOT included, no downloader, except on my website, which you will have to manually import into your iTunes library and sync. The application will call up the artist "iTouchBand" for its samples
    3. Samples NOT included, downloader (iSamples), AND the ability to have your artist (iTouchBand) called up by iTouchBand.
    4. Samples included, downloader (iSamples), but the app would be HUGE inside of Installer.app (upwards of 200mb)

Filetypes will be:
    *.itb: Regular project file
    *.itbu: iTouchBand updater/patch, which would include upwards of 20mb of new samples & beats [FREE UPDATES]
    *.flac, *.wav, or *.ogg: Samples & beats. Whichever I can get the smallest size (so WAV would be compressed).

I MAY include a mini-app inside (haha, call it iSender) which will be able to send project files to another iPoT on your network, locally.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ORIGINAL POST:
    If someone wrote it, who would take the time to install the Python, Ruby, and Tcl runtimes/modules and install it, and actually USE the application?

ie: GarageBand, cut in half, for the iPoT, written by a member of this community (me).

All instruments would be custom sampled by ME, with the ability to add custom samples and loops and instruments.

So, who would use it?

EDIT: You will probably have to install the Jiggy Runtime, Python, and Tcl to run the scripts (I'm using Python and Jiggy with Tcl for the UI).
  2. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I don't get it, is it out already? Are you making it RIGHT NOW? Will it be free?

I will definetely use it! It sounds really cool
  3. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

I'm working on it right now.
    It isn't out, and it won't be for a long time =P

As for free, yeah, it'll be entirely free.

I'm going to try to utilize the iPoT's ability to be turned on it's side. Most 3rd party apps that I've used don't utilize both landscape and portrait view, so I want to try it out.

I'm almost 100% sure that all I'll be using is Python, Tcl, and Jiggy.

EDIT: Actually, after toying around with the Jiggy interface, and the plugin "UIKit", I've found that I may not even have to use Python or Tcl at all. Maybe it'll end up just being a Jiggy application.

So, basically, all you'll need to install is the Jiggy Runtime application from their source, which I'll supply when my application actually takes off, and then install my application (which will probably be very large, due to the size of samples, maybe upwards of 50-100mb when fully completed).

Right now, I'm designing my user interface. What I'm thinking is going for an FL Studio rip off, kind of.
    With the iPoT is held in portrait (vertical), you'll see:

--------------------------------
    iPod [Wifi] [Time] [Battery]
    Song Information
    Instrument Browser
    File Browser (Samples,
    beats, and other files)
    Patterns and current
    pattern settings, effects,
    instruments, etc.

And when flipped:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Playlist (for placing patterns and beats at certain
    points in the song)
    Piano Roll (for editing patterns, after you have chosen
    your instrument of choice)
    Transport (for playing, stopping, pausing, etc)
  4. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

Icon Request Completed!

And also, sorry for the double post, but can someone edit this icon for me? It's a 60*60 PNG image, that I need the sides rounded like the default icons on the iPoT.

Thanks in advance.

Credit to whoever does so!

Attached Files:

5. jonathan9367

jonathan9367 New Member

good luck man cant wait to see how it turns out
  6. g35racer

g35racer New Member

id definetly use it i vote for the make !!!
  7. bklynsoulja

bklynsoulja New Member

sorry but i dont get this app...can some1 explain?
  8. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

It's for having a music creation tool on your iPod Touch or iPhone, much like a stripped down version of GarageBand or FL Studio in your pocket.

I'm gonna have so much trouble having a "Render to mp3" or any other format kind of function inside of it, seeing as Jiggy runs off of Javascript, and it can't access your filesystem.

So, maybe, just MAYBE, you may have to either:
    Install the Python or Ruby (I'll choose which one soon enough) runtimes to save files
    OR
    Sign up for a small webserver (which I'll be opening) save files and then download them to your harddrive with.

I don't want to use the second idea, but if I have to, it's a last resort. I'd rather my application works offline.

I'm going to be having my own filetype, maybe *.itb (iTouchBand) which will be your song, and *.itbu, which will hold updates (ie: New samples, instruments, etc).

I'm working mainly on the UI right now, and then I'll add functions and modules and actual code when I get the motivation to do so.

If I can, I'd like to be able to implement an "Add To Library" function, which automatically adds your mp3 file into your library to listen to.
  9. bklynsoulja

bklynsoulja New Member

ohh nyceeee
  10. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if you make this i will come to your house and kiss you!!!!!

i love messing around with garage band on the macs at school annoying the teachers with it

(I wouldnt really kiss you but it would be AMAZING!!!!!)