Itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by scjsean, Nov 30, 2007.

1. scjsean

scjsean Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I am getting an Ipod Touch for Christmas. I have some questions to ask.

1.I currently have Yahoo Jukebox. Is the stuff I need to rip and convert the music files in the box already??

2.Can anyone tell me the pros and cons on this thing??
  2. RoundysSince

RoundysSince New Member

1. That depends on how you get your music. Do you rip CDs into mp3 or ACC and play them in the Jukebox? Then yes. Do you purchase songs off Yahoo Music Unlimited? Then yes, but if they're in *unprotected* wma format, you need to google for an appropriate converter. Do you get your music through the Yahoo subscription? Then no, and you should end your subscription to such a sh*tty service.

You need iTunes to use the iPod touch. iTunes is basically Apple's version of the Jukebox. It lets you rip and burn CDs as well as convert file formats. Organize songs and videos as well as edit the tags.

2. iPod touch is Apple. Meaning it's pretty, it's clean, it's ahead of the competition or they borrow/buy ideas and make it better. I am very happy with the ever so expanding horizon of the iPod touch, it has great potential - making phone calls on the touch is not impossible. Most of all, you'll be a part of this great underground hacking community - these guys make it exciting to own an iPod touch.

iPod touch is Apple. Meaning it's close-nit, it's Apple's way or the highway. Supported file formats are limited and there are other limitations that Apple put into the iPod - but I think most of those things will be worked out sooner or later.
  3. scjsean

scjsean Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I currently have a subscription to Yahoo Jukebox. First is there a way to rip & convert the music that I get from Yahoo to get it onto the Touch?

By the way, what comes with this thing in the box?

I also have MP3 Rocket. Is there software that comes with it to rip the audio and video that I download?

What software comes with it?
  4. grant_gibson

grant_gibson New Member

no software comes with ipod, you have to download itunes for free from the apple website.

In the ipod touch box comes:
    ipod touch
    stand
    dock adapter
    usb cable
    cleaning cloth
    ipod touch instructions and warranty

i recomend going onto youtube and searching for some unboxing videos for the ipod touch.
  5. yoyoyo

yoyoyo New Member