iTouch: XP/OSX competable?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ole1990, Oct 13, 2007.

1. ole1990

ole1990 New Member

iTouch: XP/OSX compatibility?

Hi!
    Yesterday I head someone say something about if you JailBreak the iTouch in Windows, you can't use it in OSX, and vise versa. Is this true?

The reason I'm asking, is that all the tutorials that seems easy, happens to be for Windows operating systems, and I'm into OSX.
  2. mac1bruker

mac1bruker New Member

ipod touch have to be restored to be used in another oprative system xD

to bad for mac users. the easy way to hack ipod tuch is in windows
  3. enerdream

enerdream New Member

ok so windows is easy... i'm currently DLing parallels and xp pro performance edition... so i can see if i can actually do this (just upgraded to leapord, don't have apps installed.. may not even work)

but what is the hard way then? (os x way) sure windows is easy... cool, but there's got to be a simple way to get through this step in os x... the one big difference i did notice is that the instruction set says to double click on the "osx" file... which does nothing, it's a text file that reads

"#!/bin/sh

java -jar jailbreak.jar"

the file that yields the install ssh/alpine screen is that jailbreak.jar Seems like a non issue... unfortunately the instruction set doesn't mention this which makes me think that is was put together without full testing.. all sets are for windows machines... for a bloody apple product.. truly sad.

but if some mac guru exists that can steer us through this trivial impasse we would be appreciative.
  4. toehead

toehead New Member

For some reason my ipod works in both osx and windows without complaining.