Itouch wont charge!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Spacely, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Spacely

Spacely New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey all! I have a jailbroken itouch 2gen...its updated to version 3.0 (7A341)...everything has been fine since the update which was a couple months ago when the legit 3.0 update released...today i tried to charge my itouch from my ps3 via usb and it didnt work...i thought that was odd but figured maybe it was the cord...so i used another cord but this time from my pc...my pc recognizes that the usb is indeed trying to be used but in the bottom right hand corner i get a popup that says "One of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it"...now whats weird is yesterday while i was charging via pc, somehow someway itunes opened on its own...no i dont have the square checked that automatically opens itunes once my touch is connected so its not that...plus its been plugged in for at least an hour before itunes suddenly opened...so that makes me think that itunes might have done something that disables me from charging...what i want to know is is this correct?...has this happen to anyone else?...and is there a solution other than a restore?...also, if i HAVE to restore is there an app or something i could use from my pc to save all my apps...i have 4 pages worth...thanks in advance and sorry for the long message
  2. effectsdude79

effectsdude79 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, you can try buying a charge only usb cable, or trying another computer, or using ssh to get your apps over to your computer if your super worried about them. have you tried docking or plugging to directly into an outlet?
  3. Spacely

Spacely New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no...i honestly think its something to do with itunes and apple...the only thing i have is a usb cord...my ps3 would charge it just fine until today...and i havent charged it since charging yesterday when itunes popped up...i would ssh but the last time i ssh'd apps they didnt work right...i would play a game and advance into the game but once i closed the app then play it again i would be at the same spot i started out before i advanced...anyways i dont think anything is wrong with my pc, ps3, or usb cord...i think its apple...did a new firmware or anything release recently?
  4. glassguitar75

glassguitar75 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    try updating your ipod to 3.1.2