itouch with ubuntu gutsy gibbon

Discussion in 'iPhone Applications on iPod touch' started by ikillster, Nov 30, 2007.

1. ikillster

ikillster New Member

Are there any tricks to make this work, i cant seem to make the magic happen, and i mean plain old sync, etc.
    thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

ps.
    im a former zune owner, itouch ownz.

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
    killster.
  2. Rdude

Rdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    what r u asking?
  3. ikillster

ikillster New Member

the ipod touch is not seen at all in ubuntu, for sync or anything, im asking for help to make it work
  4. JohnLocke

JohnLocke New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you have to install the libgpod libraries and a package that is called ipod-convenience for easy mounting / unmounting. then you can access the ipod touch via amarok (gtkpod works aswell) and put some music on it. but beware, this completely messed up my album artwork which is a known issue.
    i spent two days figuring this method out, i hope you find it useful.
    since iTunes doesn't really work for me on wine and i don't wanna miss my album art i guess i have to install windows again, just for iTunes...
    if someone has a better solution I#m also keen to hear it!
  5. mrmonkeyman

mrmonkeyman New Member

My album art messed up as well, all album art disappeared except for one album. I'm trying to see if there is a way to transfer pictures and videos to it using the ssh connection. Other than that though, it is really nice to transfer music wirelessly from laptop to the ipod.
  6. daowna1911

daowna1911 New Member

I have gotten my albulm art to work on every albulm. That's 14 and counting. I'm using Amarok with ipod-convenience. Make sure you can view the albulm work in the collection tab. I would double click the and fetch it again for paranoid. Then click the ipod icon and then it should be a tab that says update artwork. You still have to hold the home button for 5 seconds. Then go back in to music and you should have abulm artwork.
  7. ikillster

ikillster New Member

thanks

i have found it just easier to use my workstation at work with itunes for now...
    i may end up with a dual boot on the laptop with xp and ubuntu... silly windoze, as much as i hate u, i still need you
    *tears*
  8. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Not a native solution, but it does work

- vmware server 2.0 beta now supports USB 2.0, yay
    - install xp in a virtual image, install itunes on it, access your samba-shared mp3 directory as a networked disk in xp, and away you go. Last time I did this, itunes could not show coverflow art in the VM, but it was plenty happy to do everything else.
  9. fjompa666

fjompa666 New Member

10. eben_k

eben_k New Member

Did you have the images already on your hard drive, or were they fetched (by something)? If you had them already, what are the filenames of the images? Can that method also transfer movies and images, or just music?