iTouch will not restore from 3.1.2 to 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mikeandike1994, Oct 15, 2009.

1. mikeandike1994

mikeandike1994 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have always had this problem on my pc, but today it happened again. I tried to jailbreak my iPod using blackrain, and when I opened up the application, it gave me some error and wasn't able to install cydia. So I figured it was because I didn't have 3.0 jailbroken when I updated. I try to reinstall the 3.0 firmware, downgrading, and it went through the extracting software part, and then gave me this. The iPod "Mike's iPod" could not be restored: an unkown error occured(20). Before the error was always 1604. It isn't bricked, I can still restore to 3.1.2. But nothing else. Any help is appreciated because I would really like to jailbreak.
  2. xmanguy

xmanguy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    u have to put it into DFU n then downgrade
  3. mikeandike1994

mikeandike1994 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Amazing, it actually worked. What does dfu mode do to the iPod to change how it can or cannot downgrade?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay, I am a freaking moron, I didn't actually read the error. After I restored, it lost its saved networks list, and therefore, wasn't connected to the internet. That's what the error was about.
  4. ReasonIs

ReasonIs New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thank u that worked great!!
    its a nightmare trying to upgrade using blackra1n so i decided to downgrade myself.
    hope theres a redsnow update coming up