Itouch will not charge since upgraded to 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mallinthas, Aug 4, 2008.

1. mallinthas

mallinthas New Member

ipod touch will not charge since upgraded to 2.0

I have had my ipod touch8GB version since April have been charging it via USB port on laptop.
    However since upgrading to firmware verson 2.0 the battery life seemed to drain very quickly and now doesnt charge at all.

I have done a restore via itunes , have rebooted the ipod touch (home and on/off button). Reset all data and settings and set up as a new ipod in itunes but still only shows as charging with only a thin line of red on the battery even after a few hours.

Wi-fi is off, brightness is minimum and there are no applications running on it.

There doesnt seem to be a way to restore to pre version 2.0? Is this a known problem to be resolved in 2.01?

Is the battery likely to be the problem?(it has previously been ok for hours watching movies and 24 hours on music etc) is usually allowed to run flat and then recharged. So dont think its battery condition and does seem to coincide with the new firmware update.
    Wont even get enough charge to power on anymore.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thx in advance for any help and suggestions.
  2. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try this : find the itunessetup.exe file. Rename it to itunessetup.zip. Unzip it and find the bonjour.msi. Double click that and install it.
  3. piratetom95

piratetom95 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dont call it an itouch, thats just gay
  4. educatingfire

educatingfire New Member

Mine started doing not charging today while at work using the griffin charger. When I got home I updated to the newest firmware and now it seems to be slowly charging. I'm in the green at least.
  5. mangozrok

mangozrok New Member

I installed the 2.0 software 2 days ago and as soon as i installed it i noticed that the battery was showing as half charged next to the ipod icon on itunes. i plugged it in on my ihome and it appeared to be charging but when i took it off to listen to it, i listened to one song and the battery was down to 20%. Then the next day, i was listening to it and it just went dead. so i plugged it in and it said it was charging so i left it for and hour and it still only had a small red strip of battery. i went on apple.com for troubleshooting but there was nothing on the problem i was having. I also just opened itunes and it came as no suprise to me that my ipod wouldnt connect, turn on or start charging. I also found no way of restoring it to its original software. it seems the only thing left to do is bring it to apple. Ill post again and tell what they said the problem is so any 1 having the same problem can try and fix it on their own.

6. Touchin

Touchin New Member

Are we the only ones?

I am having exactly the same problem, but I have not seen a fix for it yet, has anyone had any luck?
  7. moopecious

moopecious New Member

I'm having the very same problem too I was getting ready to take it in to the apple store.
  8. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

Try updating to 2.0.2 and jailbreak
  9. HennessyLane

HennessyLane New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    WTF is a iTouch wend did apple come out with that one DAMN iPod Touch
    Say it with me I P O D T O U C H
  10. gunspray

gunspray Member

Device: