itouch using 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by cyberclone33, Mar 20, 2009.

1. cyberclone33

cyberclone33 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i was wondering if i upgraded the iphone 3.0 firmware will i be able to use it? and will i be able to restore to 2.2.1 jailbreak?
  2. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I upgraded from 2.2.1 jailbroken to 3.0 Beta and then I got back to 2.2.1 jailbroken because of the youtube bug.
  3. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    The Youtube thing didn't bother me, but after an attempted sync that i had to end prematurely my music and video applications stopped working. They wouldn't even open anymore. Then I downgraded and re jailbroke.Once I found a site that listed what apps to get from Cydia and the App Store to gain most of the 3.0 OS features I was more than satisfied. If you're interested go to http://i.gizmodo.com/5175586/how-to-fake-the-iphone-30-os-on-your-iphone-today?skyline=true&s=x
  4. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

the youtube bug is when you upgrade to 3.0 beta and restore a backup.
  5. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

thats what happened to me as well, not too big of a deal to me, but it is somewhat annoying
  6. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

Yes you will, dont even install 3.0 it is slow and buggy.
  7. newtro_tony

newtro_tony New Member

I am having an entirely different experience. Mine doesn't seem to lag nearly as much as people are complaining about. Youtube doesn't work, but I didn't restore from a backup. But I never used it anyway. So, I think 3.0 is where I'm staying at! Very usable for me.

@bigcj55- Mine did that, but it turned out to be spotlight indexing the media files for the first time, so I just had to wait and it worked.