ITOUCH unresponsive not conecting to anything usb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sweennytodd, Feb 17, 2010.

1. sweennytodd

sweennytodd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    please help.

itouch does not connect to anything , and anything means anything. i have tried holding the home button then connecting to usb cable but i just get nothing. the only way to get a response plugged or unplugged is by holding the power button, then all i get is the apple logo and then the connect to itunes screen, but not actual to pc connection . i have tried different wires even another computer w/o itunes to see if it just recognizes the itouch but NADA. im in limbo, please help
    dfu mode i have tried but it doesnt go in i have tried and searched this forum and google but nothing works.
    could it be the itouch connection? do they go faulty?

(yes i had another posting but went unresponsive for a while, please constructive help)
  2. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Unless you have a faulty dock (or some other screwed up hardware), DFU mode should work.
    1. Connect your iPod to your PC
    2. Preferably with the iPod switched on (but doesnt matter if you cant), Hold Power plus home for 10 seconds.
    3. Release power, but CONTINUE HOLDING home button for 30 seconds.

The backlight should come on, the screen should go white, then may go black again. iTunes should pick up the iPod and let you restore.

DFU connects the iPod on a hardware level, so ONLY hardware faults will stop this happening.
  3. sweennytodd

sweennytodd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i PMed you.
    still need help..

HELP
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok! dude i finally got some response- Windows gave me the not recognizable message- but also i found out that the itouchs dock is faulty how can i fix that?
  4. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If the dock is faulty, that is a hardware problem so you would need apple to replace it. Or, you could try a smaller store or something but that would not be the legitimate fix for it. Have you dropped your iPod or anything? If it isn't under warranty, it is probably more worth while to just go and buy a new device instead of fixing it.