Itouch sync question!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jdcord, Sep 26, 2008.

1. jdcord

jdcord New Member

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, so I apologize if not.

I just got this 1st gen, 8 gig, itouch from someone. It is jailbroken and has a bunch of nes & snes games and other apps I like, as well as a bunch of music. I've figured out how to get the music from the itouch to my pc.

My question is, how do I sync this itouch with my itunes without removing the apps and games?

I tried to sync it and got a message about it being synced with anothe itunes and asked me if I wanted to delete the content and sync with my itunes.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if i am not mistaken.... it will only delete the music that is on the ipod... all the apps should stay there
  3. EMForce

EMForce New Member

why is the OP trying to sync his keyboard

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Harry Paratestes

Harry Paratestes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Since the ipod was not originaly synced to itunes on his computer I believe it will wipe the entire contents from the ipod. just SSH and back up your nes roms and other applications you want to save. Then go ahead and sync it and make it truely "yours" You will only have to do this once.
  5. jdcord

jdcord New Member

I bought a program called touchcopy which seems to work well, but how do I backup the nes roms and other apps? I copied the roms to my pc, but I'm not sure how to backup the other apps. When it erases the itouch and makes it mine, how do I get all the apps & roms back on it?

Thanks
  6. Harry Paratestes

Harry Paratestes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    do a search for SSH and it will tell you all you need to know.