Itouch sync password

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jhacker, Jan 29, 2010.

1. jhacker

jhacker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi i am new to this fourm but not to itouchs and i just wanted to know if there was a app or mod or something like that to where if someone got my itouch they could not delete the password and everthing on it with itunes. so when you plug it in it needs a password to restore or upgrade it. thanks
  2. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, a DFU restore would connect to your iPod at a hardware level, making any software lock you could have on it obsolete. At least they wouldn't have access to you're songs, pics etc though

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. jhacker

jhacker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    o dang well thanks
  4. ensifer

ensifer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmm, I know that a DFU restore would wipe it, but if the ipod had not been turned off/entered restore mode, is there a way to stop regular syncing? I was curious about this too.

EDIT: And you know, not just "turn off auto syncing." I mean actually passworded -if someone else had my ipod and plugged it into itunes, he wouldn't be able to sync it without putting into DFU restore- type of deal.
  5. Mkhcb

Mkhcb Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If your asking how, its simple, just put a 4 number pin key on your ipod touch

However, dfu restore will wipe it clean.
  6. ensifer

ensifer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry to bring up the old topic, but I kind of want to know how it works since I haven't tested syncing with another laptop. Say I have a 4 number pin key on my ipod touch, which I'm assuming is the lock screen one? Unless it's another lock key you're talking about. Anyway, if they attempt to sync while my ipod is locked, then they will be prompted to enter the key unless they use DFU restore? I'm just curious about the process and all.