Itouch Stuck in Recovery mode "Waiting for Ipod"

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by patfan00, Sep 20, 2008.

1. patfan00

patfan00 New Member

hey guys so i have a jailbroken ipod and i tried to install a app. anyway the point is all the time it is at the plug into itunes icon at the screen so then i plug it into my computer and i press the recovery button. Then everything goes good until it says waiting for ipod. THen it just stayes there frozen. Is there anything i can do? i already tried the DFU thing and it didnt work? thanks guys
  2. epnfatbdy

epnfatbdy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    here's what you have to do to restore:

The two methods are the same, just finding the software is different...

Method 1: (windows...although macs probably have the function as well:
    Use the windows search feature and make sure file extensions is enabled. Then, type in .ipsw...when you see your software (it will have a lot of weird letters, then it will say 2_x_x and 1_x_x [x=the rest of your software numbers] and then restore). Delete that file (and all the other ones forthat matter, it will conserve space on your computer) then go back to iTunes and hit restore...if you want a 1.x.x or anything below 2.1, then your going to have to get it from google, then hit shift-restore and use your firmware file)

Method 2: go to My Computer, and also make sure that you have showing hidden folders is enabled, go to documents and settings>application data>apple>iPhone/iPod software data>then delete your software...then follow the rest of method 1...

I have had this problem 3 times in the year and 3 months with my phone, and this has worked like a charm all 3 times, but don't ask me why it works...I think it has to do because somehow your software gets xoruupted, and when you restore, it uses that file, it doesn't download a new one unless you don't have it already in your files.

Hope I've helped!...
  3. havoc119933

havoc119933 New Member

I have the exact same problem..My itouch turns on with steve jobs(npebea). When I try to restore, it stays at "wairting for Ipod" phase..I've left it there for 3 hrs. and still. I tried with itunes 7.5, 7.7, and 8.0. what exactly should I do, my itouch has been like this for more than a week.. I've tried hitting ctrl & restore and the same deal will happen....Please HELP!!!! Please...
  4. gotanks910

gotanks910 New Member

hi

Ok, plug your ipod into the power outlet. Than try restoring it. This worked for me
  5. havoc119933

havoc119933 New Member

power outlet...what do u mean??? Please respond!!!
  6. caffman

caffman New Member

he means plug your ipod into an A.C adapter
  7. qasim

qasim New Member

isn't this in the wrong section?
  8. matinsa2005

matinsa2005 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it is but who cares the guy needs help so why not help him !!!
  9. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

I refuse to help anyone that refuses to call an iPod the correct name.
  10. Artalos

Artalos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ice tuch┬┐┬┐