iTouch screen is bad with color black.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dejavo, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Dejavo

Dejavo New Member

Hi!

I have been using my iPod for a while now and i like it alot and so on.. But i am very dissapointed on the screens capability of showing black fades. You can see it in the transitions from dark to completely black. Most pictures doesn't suffer from this as they won't contain these sorts of "Dark fading to black" colors. But many of my photos do and it looks... Noisy and like it was a low res pic in these fading to black areas. All the other colors look amazing btw. It's just black and fading to black.

It could have something to do with iTunes reducing the quality of the images. But i can see this in some app icons and some of the images that comes shipped with the iPod. Not as much as in my personal pics but i can see it.

Someone else experiencing this problem?

Another thing. Can you stop iTunes from reducing quality and resizing images for the iPod?

Thanks.
  2. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

maybe save your pictures in a higher quality format? im not sure. I thought itunes make the quality better so you can resize and stuff like that wen it comes to slideshows. and with the transitions. Maybe email apple and suggest that for 1.1.4.....

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. GrimmGreen

GrimmGreen New Member

unfortunately iTunes compresses photos down when they sync to the iPod touch , i don't know a way around it...
  4. Dejavo

Dejavo New Member

Yeah i guess but look at the covers in cover flow that have no real cd-cover. The transition from grey to black looks awful. Grainy and noisy. Is it just my iPod?

PICTURE:

Please Register or Log in to view images

That is taken with a modern DSLR so the picture itself is not grainy.
  5. Insanelygreat01

Insanelygreat01 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    nah my ipod does that too! i hate it it looks very bad!! i wish there was some way your ipod or i tunes would jest get all the album artwork for your whole library! also i thing theres a box in the photos tab that says include high res photos and i think that will make them the full rez pictures! not sure though but worth a try!
  6. Dejavo

Dejavo New Member

Yes it looks like some chinese no name display from 2002...

Ok, i will try that, thanks.

edit: I can't find that box. I guess it's a feature in the new iTunes patch.
  7. Dejavo

Dejavo New Member

Ok. Here's the deal. I uploaded some of my pics to a internet site and browsed them in safari. They look great. So it turns out that iTunes is a crappy pic-converter and that apple made crappy album covers to optimize cover flow i guess... Sucky but good news that the display is fine.
  8. EmeraldICE

EmeraldICE New Member

Yeah I know what you mean. They must reduce the quality of the album art to speed up coverflow. My albums look a little grainy on my iPod, but they are very high resolution on the computer and like you said, everything in safari looks beautiful.