iTouch Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Furniss12, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Furniss12

Furniss12 New Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Hi, i am thinking about getting a itouch in the near future, but would like to know some things about it so here are some questions, feel free to answer them.

1- Is the internet on the itouch the same as on a normal computer, or for example is there on certain websites you can go on which have mobile compatability, or can you access any website with an itouch.
    2- Can you use google on it to search like you would on a computer or do you have to use direct links.
    3-I would be putting emulators on it, so what is the average size of firstly a nes rom and psxrom and any other kind.
    4-My brother told me that while using someones PSP from my house he found a wi fi connection but there was something about only being 10% which i think he meant the connection strengh, would 10% be enough to search the net on a itouch, i would get my own wifi router anyway, but using someones elses could be handy as well.
    5-So far on itouch the only emulators i have come accross are PSX and NES, can you get a megadrive one, because it had some classic games like sonic.
    6-How good is the battery while playing games on a emulator, does it make the battery go dead quickly?
    7-Finally can someone give me a link to a full list of application for the jailbreak hack, i would like to see what else you can get.

Thanks for taking the time to answer these. Just need to know what i am buying before i spend £350 on a 32gb itouch.
  2. KeenanG

KeenanG New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    1. The internet is just like on the computer.

2. You can use any search engine (google, yahoo, etc.)

3. I do not know how much the size is of each one, but it really is not alot. I have many many apps including the Emulators + the games and it is barely noticeable how much it takes up.

4. I pick up other peoples all the time and have no problems with the speed.

5. The emulators that are out at the moment are all in a subforum here, check that out.

6. The battery doesn't go out too fast. I have played pool on it for an hour and a half straight and still had a bit more than half the battery (while listening to some music.)

7. Search up... the Ultimate List in the search feature and that will list all of the apps + the sources you need to get those apps.

3. afarnesi

afarnesi New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    1.ya you can do anything on the internet except flash (at the moment) and yahoo ask dogpile however much you want
    3.NES is a couple of megabytes i dont know about psx
    4. if it tells you theres a connection. you can use it (1% to 100%) but theres scumm and gameboy
    6. it does die quicker but its worth it
    7.there are thousands of applications . if you wanna know do some searches

Edit: keenan beat me