itouch question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by totot, Jul 13, 2009.

1. totot

totot New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would like to hide an encrypted file on my iPod touch for safekeeping, I will need it eventually. I was wondering if the iPod touch would have a problem if I used a batch file to hide it. I would just ssh into the machine to get it there. I know the ipod touch flash memory would qualify as a static disk even though I know next to nothing about the iPod touch but I am unsure. I will settle for keeping it on my flash drive though. Any help would be appreciated. I mostly want to know if it will do any harm to the iPod touch.
  2. Sickfee49

Sickfee49 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    not sure, if you go to your my computer icon it wont be in there, itunes might let you but i danno how or if it could harm the ipod
  3. PatentPending

PatentPending New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think you could try mAdvLock from Cydia. It comes in the full version too for free so no need to worry about purchasing it. It'll probably do exactly what you're trying to do, encrypt files and access them later. Check it out.
  4. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    SSH'ing provides a great hide-away for files.. just make a new folder in the root folder and youd be fine... make sure you name it something weird like fewaf13rr just to ensure no problems.. in the new folder you can put all your stuff in.