iTouch purchase problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blackromeo, Apr 23, 2008.

1. blackromeo

blackromeo New Member

Ok first of ive tried searching the whole forum and couldnt get a definitive answer so i thought it best to create a new thread for my problem, apologies if this has been posted before else where

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

Now im looking to purchase a itouch 16gb (upgrading from third gen ipod which served me well over the past 4 years

) but i have ONE major problem, i only have access to windows ME. The question is am i wasting my time in buying the itouch since itunes doesnt work with ME or do i have some renewed hope.....

Thanks muchly for any advice/help given

)
  2. iROCKnikes123

iROCKnikes123 New Member

uhm
    its an ipod touch not iTouch
  3. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

well as long as i know.. if you dont have access to a computer that supports itunes then NO.. then how r u going to put music and everything else on ur ipod... its kind of pointless.. but y dont u change your windows to xp ????

wow that is kind of mean!!!!! i agree with u ... i dont like it when the say iTouch.. but if you are going to comment here then you should say something productive too... and if u dont konw then just dont say anything!!!
    1 person likes this.
  4. Killuminat

Killuminat New Member

LMAO! You didn't answer the poor guy either.
  5. OpTiX

OpTiX New Member

go to windows xp or dare i say vista. Buy a mac? Once you do, def buy a ipot.
  6. Killuminat

Killuminat New Member

7. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

is that to me'???
  8. blackromeo

blackromeo New Member

i dont have my own pc/lappy i use a netcafe most of the time and the guy in there refuses to use anything else apart from ME! with my 3rd gen ipod i always used anapod explorer, but that doesnt support the itouch. So it looks like im screwed then?
  9. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

mmm i think so... ,.... sadly!!!!.... is there another place where u could access a xp pc?? cause u could get an external hard drive (or an internal one with a case)... not really big .. like a 80gb or even smaller if u dont want thta much music... and u put ur music there so if u go to a place with xp u plug ur hard drive change the folder where the music files are on itunes... and add the files from the HD to itunes then u can sync your ipod from there.. ... so u can HAVE ur music ... and sync ur ipod... thats kind of wut i do... i have all my music in a HD and since i moved i couldnt bring the hole computer... so now im using my uncles computer to read and sync my music to my ipod.....

and just a tip.. its called iPod Touch.. u can called it ipod or touch .. but ppl will sometimes flame u for saying itouch.. just trying to avoid future confrontations!
  10. 610925

610925 New Member

prettymuch
    But thats Depending on what you use (itunes, your own or dare i say tHE WIRE OF LIMES!).
    if you use itunes, you could use the itunes on the ipod touch,
    if you use THE WIRE OF LIMES! i think thiers a app for it
    and if you use your own i cant help
    so, all in all if you want an ipod thats upgraded, you should buy a 30gb video instead, that way you can use rockbox.
    My 2 cents