iTouch Possibly Bricked?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nothinbeter2do, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright, here's the scenario.

Last night, I attempted to jailbreak my iTouch several times but proceeded to fail each time.

So today, after I got home from school, I downloaded the GUI version of redsn0w. Everything worked out until step five. It told me to put my iTouch into DFU mode. So I attempted to do so but nothing ever happened.

I've tried to put it into DFU mode, tried to get the "connect to iTunes" screen, but nothing worked.

Also, when I plug my iTouch into my computer I get this error:

Please Register or Log in to view images

So now that you know what happened, could anyone help me? Anyone else have this problem while attempting to jailbreak their iTouch?

P.S. I also can't get my iTouch to turn on, reset, or anything like that.
  2. 6k0

6k0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hold power + home till the alert disapear, wait 1 sec then release the power button, wait 5~6 sec then release the home button.
    Congratz your iPod is in dfu mode.
  3. Nothinbeter2do

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Also, what alert are you talk about?
  4. 6k0

6k0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was talking about the "error" shown in your picture (USB device not recognized)
  5. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Happened to me twice, just get into DFU mode, and proper timing is the key.
  6. Nothinbeter2do

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's the thing, I've tried maybe 15 times and can't get it into DFU mode. Before, I got it DFU mode every time I had to.
  7. LolCakeLazors

LolCakeLazors New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Trust me, that happened to me, I didn't believe the timing stuff and then with patience, it worked.
  8. Oliqc22

Oliqc22 New Member

Hi, it's absolutly normal that you received the ''unrecognise USB Device'' you only have to plug your Itouch into the PC (you will hear the sound when a USB device is plug in) now press on both button until you heard the sounds of the closind USB device, now let go the power button and wait for the sound of the plug in device and let go the home button! congrats you're in DFU mode

ps.. sorry for my bad english

9. Technostorm

Technostorm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    1. That error is normal in order for Itune to NOT recognize your Ipod Touch. But with Libusb installed. It should pick that up once you unplug and replug your touch back into your PC.

2. Most ppl don't realize this but the USB detection setting timings can be off by a few seconds due to the way it was set up on your motherboard's BIOS setting. Therefore, it is important to follow other more experienced post about listening in with the sound turned up. 1st beep is to let go of the top/sleep button. 2nd beep is to let go of the bottom/HOME button. Then you should be in DFU mode.

3. If you are experiencing a black screen and cannot turn on via the Power/sleep button or resetting it. Then it is actually safe to assume you have entered into DFU mode but you simply need to plug and unplug your usb CABLE. I have yet to see anyone, including the self-proclaimed pros ever bricking a 2G yet. Simply because you would need to intentionally delete some of its vital internal files within the 2G. And most 99.98% don't know how to even get into there.
  10. Nooooo

Nooooo New Member

THanks this helped.. sorry just posted another thread while i found this