iTouch on vista 64bit

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gabe, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Well, just got my itouch and plug it in and itunes says iphones do not support 64-bit OS so I can't use my itouch. I do have a 32bit OS on another PC I can use but still, that sucks!

Anyone know of a work around?
  2. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Unfortunately, there isn't. Also you do NOT want to even attempt to with the 64 bit version. Even if you plug it in to charge, and transfer songs from itunes to your iPod, the moment you pull the plug out, you will notice your iPod can't even turn on, or have corrupt files, etc etc. It is really not a good thing to do. Until Apple does something about compatibility, you will have to stick with the 32 bit.

Better to take the time with the 32 bit than to attempt to use the 64 bit and get a bricked iPod.
  3. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    well see since I just got the itouch, when I turn it on just a screen telling me to plug it into my PC and start itunes, but itunes gives me the error message that it only works on 32bit OS, so I cant do anything till I plug my itouch into a 32bit computer, and then I'll probably use yamipod or some 3rd party to copy music/movies onto my itouch via 64bit. I wonder if the TouchFree will work on 64bit though.
  4. iStealth

iStealth New Member

Do a search for this subject there is a work around through vmware.
  5. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Aside from vmware, there are many other alternatives out there, but basically involves dual booting, or having a virtual operating system and is not truly a great convenient workaround, but I think it'd be less of a hassle to just use your other 32bit OS you already have and save yourself even more trouble.

Ah, your are lucky then. Previously, iTunes did not even give that warning so you were basically screwed when you attempted to do so.
  6. theopod

theopod New Member

I have been using my iPod touch on my Vista 64-bit system with no problems except picture xfrs (use a USB stick to xfr pics). Perhaps you do not have the latest version of iTunes.
  7. LithiumX

LithiumX New Member

Theo....how the hell??!! yes we have the lastest versions. * i think those guys do* Um just a quick question.... did you install a 32 bit os on there or was it preloaded wiht a 64 bit os
  8. NCtarheels011

NCtarheels011 New Member

well thats unfortunate.
  9. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Go 32-Bit !
    lol that sucks, now im glad i have home premium 32.
  10. Aether

Aether New Member

Hi and hello!

I hope nobody minds if I resurrect this thread. I'm planning on getting an iPod Touch next week, but I own Vista Ultimate x64, so it appears it makes no sense as I can't even activate it or sync my music/videos.

Is there any update on this issue since November? Does the latest version of iTunes support x64 (and the iTouch) by now? Or still nothing?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.