iTouch not recognized

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ab3, Sep 18, 2007.

1. ab3

ab3 New Member

OK so i plugged my touch into my pc and it is not recognized by itunes, all that comes up is a little message saying that windows doesn't recognize it. Is there anyway to solve this without resetting my touch (I have already put all my music and videos on there and dont feel like syncin it agian), I am currently downloading the newest version of iTunes to see if it helps 7.4.2
  2. veryniceipod

veryniceipod Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    See if iTunes 7.4.2 works, and post your results, as that may be the issue. How did you get the music and videos onto the iPod if your computer didn't recognize it?
  3. ab3

ab3 New Member

It was fine before...

It worked just fine the first time i connected it
  4. ab3

ab3 New Member

OK i figured it out. I had a flash drive also connected to a different USB port. I removed the drive and everything worked fine, although I am not sure why this made a difference.
  5. veryniceipod

veryniceipod Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Weird. I don't see how that could affect the Touch connecting to iTunes.
  6. Phoxx

Phoxx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Is it still happening?
  7. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    he said after he disconnected the other usb flash drive it worked, the problem might be that iTunes can't read more than one flash drive, and it then gets messed up, try other flash drives,

Cheers,
    Ben.
  8. ab3

ab3 New Member

When I removed the flash drive everything worked normally and the message from windows that said it couldnt recognize the device disappeared.
  9. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

perhaps there is something to this?
  10. Prof-KOS

Prof-KOS New Member

I'm having a similar problem. I've just jailbroken recently and I'm just learning the ins and outs of it all. Thanks for the Jailbreak guides BTW.

Now when I pug my Itouch into the USB, Itunes doesn't react at all. There is power going to the Itouch and everything, but Itunes reacts as if nothing's happening. I'd like to sync all my music and video over, or failing that, restore and try again, but without Itunes recognizing the Itouch, I'm not sure what to do. I have 1.14 firmware and I just updated Itunes prior to my jailbreak. It did work briefly, but after a few days it stopped.