itouch not recognized by computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sway10, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sway10

sway10 New Member

my itouch will not sync . just charge. It makes a sound and opens some photo thing and itunes wont recognize it. On all other computers it is recognized but not mine..all other ipods work, just not my itouch. What do i do
  2. Kent K25

Kent K25 New Member

Interesting, just had the same problem with mine. I plug it in, itunes recognizes it, but it just charges it, I try to get it to sync and it starts and stops about 1 second later.
  3. seowys

seowys New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    helloz

it just happened to mine also.

restarted my pc and it detected it as apple camera (-.-)
    then subsequent plugging of the usb to the pc will have no response, or it will charge and start itunes, ipod touch starts to sync..but sync for a very long time whereas itunes do not show that it detected the ipod touch

wat went wrong?

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are you using an USB port directly on your computer and not a keyboard/monitor one? The lattest lacks the proper current, that could cause some problems.

@sway10: re-install iTunes or update it to the latest version.
  5. Kent K25

Kent K25 New Member

Mine is connected directly to a USB hub on the laptop. Same hub I've always used for my iPod Video and for the first few charges/syncs of my Touch as well. Just suddenly doesn't want to work (updated itunes with no problems and synced the Touch on the new version of itunes too before the problem started yesterday.
  6. Kent K25

Kent K25 New Member

Anyone else have any thoughts? I uninstalled and reinstalled itunes, but no luck. I don't really want to restore my ipod to factory settings until I'm sure there is nothing else to try. It takes too long to put all that music/video/pictures back on it.
  7. josh123456

josh123456 New Member

same here

Yea my itouch has the same problem HELP!!!
  8. amyreneemt

amyreneemt New Member

Same problem

I've had my itouch come up on my 2 other computers just fine, but went to use it on my older laptop that I've used for other ipods and it ony recognizes it as a camera Can't seem to find an answer just others with the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.
  9. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, you can follow this guide from Apple to get rid of the camera notification - http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306519

As for the not syncing, definitely try other USB ports on the computer -ones that are at the back of the computer or physically on the computer are best. And that's even if you've used your keyboard or hub or whatever with previous generations. Also make sure you've got iTunes 7.5 installed... If you're using Windows Vista 64-bit, it won't work either... there are thread around here covering that as well...
  10. ashley1tunes

ashley1tunes New Member

mine does too. i used a usb cord and plugged it into my pc and the computer knows it's there but itunes shows no devices. HELP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.