iTouch Lingo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Johnny Quest, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Ok, I'm curious on knowing what are these terminology stand for:

-SSH
    -Repo
    -xml
    -plist
  2. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, since no one is replying, I'll give what I know. These definitions aren't exactly correct, so feel free to correct me.

SSH - A commonly used term describing the method of transfering files to your iPod touch. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but SFTP is either a form of this or an alternative.

Repo - A website specifially coded for the Installer. It contains files that are available for easy downloading.

XML - Extensible Markup Language. Kind of like HTML, but with a little bit different coding styles. I'm not exactly sure where this comes into play with the iPod touch.

Plist - Property List. I'm thinking this is equivalent of a Windows dll? Basically these are used in the iPod touch as the brains. If you don't know what you're doing, don't mess with these. Think of it like Mac's registry.

Okay, there's my interpretation. Don't take my word for it, though. They have definitions like this on Wikipedia (yeah, flame me) and other jargon websites.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    thank you

thank you so much, at least I have some idea and now not being lost. thanks again.