iTouch Jailbreak Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Chriswuk, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Chriswuk

Chriswuk New Member

POSTED BY: ChrisUK 2 hours, 32 minutes ago

Hi all,

I have an Itouch 16GB firmware 2.1, and I'm trying to Jailbreak it (v2.1).

I'm using Quickpwn (modified morphey version), and every guide I've read or watched on YouTube seems easy enough, but my Ipod isn't playing.

I have synced it with iTunes, opened Quickpwn, select the Itouch figure, select my firmware (both of which give me the green tick), then choose Cylia & installer.

The next screen should go through the steps of button presses to jailbreak, but mine gets stuck on the 1st step "wait for your ipod to connect in recovery mode". The thing is, it does connect in recovery mode (usb lead & the CD pic), but Quickpwn does not move onto step 2, it just hangs............

I then need to recover the iPod to get it working again.

I've seen a load of people have this problem on the net, but not found a solution

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any help appreciated............
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Do you have the firmware on your ipod and on the desktop when you run Quickpwn?
  3. Chriswuk

Chriswuk New Member

Yes I do.

Ipod is on 2.1, and I also have the 2.1 firmware on my desktop (from the iTunes update - took it from the application data folder).

Quickpwn is the 2.1 version as well.

I have another thread running here (found it after I'd posted this one, seems to be a more likely place for help....)

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110729

Thanks