iOS 3.1 ITouch, ITunes Upgrade Issues

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by AV_J, Nov 8, 2009.

1. AV_J

AV_J New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks in advance for reading this post.

I recently upgraded from iTunes 7 to 9 and my iPod Touch from v1.0 to 3.0 (jailbreaking the device).

Everything seemed fine until I realized that 2/3 of my purchased songs from iTunes no longer play on the iTouch. When using songs > shuffle, the song and album cover appear and remain in pause mode. Clicking the play button does not work.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the songs that work (and don't). Several were purchased for .99 cents years ago and a number were recently purchased for $1.29.

The songs appear on the device when viewing the iTouch files from iTunes.

I have tried deleting and adding them to the iTunes library but that does not work.

All of the songs appear and play on my desktop version of iTunes.

The issue has rendered the iTouch practically unusable. Has anyone run into this issue and had success resolving it?
  2. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

this happened to me once before. I'm pretty sure that it happened after I downloaded malware from cydia, but i didnt remember what it was, so i did a restore. It's no big deal now since the restoring part will take up 80% of the time that it will take things to get working again since blackra1n is so quick.

i guess you're wondering if purchased items have been blocked on jailbroken devices with firmware 3.0 and up.. the answer is no.
  3. AV_J

AV_J New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the reply. I have performed a restore 5 times and have only recovered approximately an additional 10 percent of the songs.

50% of my songs are still unable to play on the iTouch but appear and play perfectly on iTunes.
  4. AV_J

AV_J New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED. During a restore, I chose to rename my IPOD completely. The process worked. All songs play.