iTouch is having a couple of problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Extric, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Extric

Extric New Member

Hi, I started having some issues with my iPod Touch yesterday and this morning I discovered that they became pretty major. I think the problem is coming from slight water damage from a couple nights ago when I accidentally left it in the pocket of my wet pants. I know I pulled it out of my pocket yesterday morning and found it to be very cold and the screen felt like it was perspiring water like a cup of soda. It was also having problems recognizing my touch inputs and I think the speaker on the inside may have gotten fried, or at least the volume controls on the side, because it wouldn't recognize me lowering or raising the volume. I didn't think much of the issues when I first noticed them. I thought if I let it dry a bit before using it then it would be completely fine. It had some screen flickering and sometimes it would stop music, but those problems disappeared in about 30mins.

Today though, the screen has turned completely white and it has to be a hardware issue. When I plug in the ear phones I can hear it making the unlocking noise and I can sometimes get it to navigate to my music and can hear the music through the headphones (it still has problems picking up my touch inputs so I can't always get it to go the music and plus I'm having to guess where the icon is at). I checked the water damage indicator in the headphone jack and there I didn't see any red in it.

Now, what I'm wondering is if I'll be able to get away with the Apple Store replacing the touch. The White Screen of Death is a fairly common problem and if I could maybe play it off as that's the problem do you think I'd be able to get away with it? I know that there are indicators inside of the device also that show water damage, so do you think they will open it up in the store to check even if I don't mention anything about the possible water damage? I'd really rather not pay for the $200 repair fee or buy a whole new device when I can't do anything with the broken one.
  2. bpqtt

bpqtt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ive read ur problems it may be un fixable sorry but its the truth
  3. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Have you tried a going into DFU mode?
  4. Extric

Extric New Member

Well, I took it down to the Apple Store this afternoon and it was defiantly a hardware problem with the screen. They didn't see any water damage so I'm guessing something else was the problem. The guy told me that they would replace it for me for free even though I was 18 days out of warranty. So all is good now.

Please Register or Log in to view images